Beer talk

Tonight: Reissdorf Kolsch, Hen's Tooth English Ale (great malty beer), Poperings Hommel Ale

Some of my recent favorites and standbys: Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Skullsplitter Orkney Ale, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, J.K.'s Scrumpy Hard Cider- Orchard Gate Gold.

How can people drink wine??

Had 2 different pumpkin ales. Point's was pretty bad until the very last drink. I was shocked with that last drink. The beer was tasting real bad in fact I was forceing myself to drink it, and bam the last swallow was amazing. Why the whole beer didn't taste the same is beyond me. The other one was Shipwrecked, they both are local to WI. The Shipwrecked is a pretty good tasting beer but I didn't taste any kind of pumpkin in it at all.

Today had my first Storm King and it is a great stout. Cann't even tell that it is a 9% beer.

Wild Blue? A blueberry lager that is 8% alcohol. Not bad, but doesn't taste much like beer to me. More like a fruit wine.

my all time fav beer is easy street wheat god that shit is good filling but good, hard to find if you dont live the west though its brewed by new belgum brewing i think the same people that do fat tire

Surly-Darkness.png

just had this guy last night.....pretty hard to get a hold of but worth it!

Wild blue is good, but very fruity (in the way of flavor), with a wine feel. My new fav is a high grav called PICK AXE. If you can find it, I recommend it. Not too heavy, with a great finish. A good game day, or backyard bbQ beer.

Tonight I'm have a 120 minute IPA from Dogfish Head. Been sitting on this one for about 2 years. Still had a nice little fizzy head, still pretty sweet on the lips. Mighty fine brew, guess I'll pick up some more shortly.

Tonight I'm have a 120 minute IPA from Dogfish Head. Been sitting on this one for about 2 years. Still had a nice little fizzy head, still pretty sweet on the lips. Mighty fine brew, guess I'll pick up some more shortly.

Last week I had a 120 that around 2 years old. Damn thing keeps getting better with age. I wonder how my case of 08 Abyss is doing.

daddÿ

daddÿ;7468026 said:
Last week I had a 120 that around 2 years old. Damn thing keeps getting better with age. I wonder how my case of 08 Abyss is doing.

daddÿ

The 08 should be doing pretty well.

Cheers!

Tonight: Reissdorf Kolsch, Hen's Tooth English Ale (great malty beer), Poperings Hommel Ale

Some of my recent favorites and standbys: Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Skullsplitter Orkney Ale, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard, J.K.'s Scrumpy Hard Cider- Orchard Gate Gold.

How can people drink wine??
Some of those old growth Clarets are ok, but they don't compare to a decent ale!

How does the Hen's Tooth travel? The clear bottles must be a worry.

It's frustrating that it's practically impossible to obtain American ales here, some of the names sound interesting!

Andy

If you like hops try Surly Furious - about 100 IBU's :eek::D- I've been waiting for a 6% 100 IBU beast, too bad you can't get it here in the land of bud light :barf:.

:barf:I almost bought the arrogant bastard oaked, but didn't think I was worthy!

That beer is MAGIC. My absolute favorite. I actually almost bought the $80 3 litre bottle they had a while back.

I'm also a huge fan of the Flying Dog In Heat Wheat and I don't like hefs at all.

Back