• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Benchmade 556 with M390 Exclusive for gpknives.com

gpknives

Dealer / Materials Provider
We are pleased to offer our exclusive to Grand Prairie Knives, Benchmade 556 Griptilian with M390 blade steel. This is a limited edition with only 200 pieces being made and only available at gpknives.com. Please click on the links or pictures below to take you to our website for full size pictures and more detailed information. If you have any questions about this item please feel free to give us a call at 1-866-667-5965 or send us an e-mail at gpk@gpknives.com.

Benchmade 556 Griptilian M390 Exclusive $89.95

Last edited:
Benchmade told us that they might ship last friday or monday (October 4), but we still have not seen them. No firm date.
Time is getting close though...

My mini-grip has shipped!!!
I don't see how they have any left in stock at this price...,
Question, what is the Rockwell on these?
Thanks!

You asked about shipping-
It is $7.27 for priority and up, depending on your options and location.
Be sure and ask for your free Benchmade sharpener with your order

You asked about shipping-
It is $7.27 for priority and up, depending on your options and location.
Be sure and ask for your free Benchmade sharpener with your order

LOL...thanks!

I just ordered one off my phone!

Take that Sonic Wall!

waynjitsu: Benchmade rockwells most of their M390 to 60-62HRC, I'd assume these were done in the same fashion.

JTR357: Sorry, but we had some problems with PayPal a while back, mostly related to them objecting to our sales of Balisong Knives.

waynjitsu: Benchmade rockwells most of their M390 to 60-62HRC, I'd assume these were done in the same fashion.

JTR357: Sorry, but we had some problems with PayPal a while back, mostly related to them objecting to our sales of Balisong Knives.

It's been 60.5 from what I have seen.

It's been 60.5 from what I have seen.

I am guessing you are able to test them to get the number?
Is 60.5 good or bad with this steel?
Should it be higher or lower? (or is this "just right")
Thanks!!
PS- question- do you make knives or blades, or- etc? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the technical stuff:)

I am guessing you are able to test them to get the number?
Is 60.5 good or bad with this steel?
Should it be higher or lower? (or is this "just right")
Thanks!!
PS- question- do you make knives or blades, or- etc? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about the technical stuff:)

I have had them tested and feedback from others that have also had them tested.

No I don't make knives, but I do know the right people. :thumbup:

All of them have been 60.5 sofar.

That's good for a factory knife.

Ideal would be 62 RC, but you won't see that in a factory blade, it's not easy to get it to that hardness in bulk.

Testing, does it leave a little mark on the blade?
It would be cool to have all your (my) knives tested and cataloged for future reference:)
Do you know what the BM D2 is?
Kershaw D2 and ZDP?
Thanks for the info...
I "almost" bought a Rockwell tester one time, but was a pick up only, long time ago, when I was working and had what it took to get it (cash), LOL!!

Testing, does it leave a little mark on the blade?
It would be cool to have all your (my) knives tested and cataloged for future reference:)
Do you know what the BM D2 is?
Kershaw D2 and ZDP?
Thanks for the info...
I "almost" bought a Rockwell tester one time, but was a pick up only, long time ago, when I was working and had what it took to get it (cash), LOL!!

I get the ones tested that I am not sure about.

Yes it does leave marks on the blades.

How many more of these are left in stock? I just cant see how they aren't sold out yet at such a great price for such a great steel. Very well might order up a second, and a third for backup purposes if enough are still around...

Still have around 70 or so of these for sale. The rush is over but they continue to trickle out the door here.

Back