Benchmade 940 on Bearings?

I just had this crazy thought today. Has anyone ever put bearings on a 940 or a Benchmade in general? In idea, it seems great. The 940 is already smooth but to add bearings would be just like butter. In all practicality, would it be too much? I found some bearings from Alpha Knife Supply that might work but I'm not really sure.

https://www.alphaknifesupply.com/hardware.htm
item FBCE125-0472-002

Like I said, I just had this thought today so I haven't done much research yet. Just wanting to hear if anyone else has thought about it.

It looks like you would have to redesign the pivot area to accommodate the bearing races as well as the washers that they run on.

I know some folks are in love with bearing pivot systems, but I can't help but think it adds several more parts where they don't need to be.

Nah, why modify something that is already perfect. I have many flippers with bearings that work great, but still feel that bearings are overrated. PB washers all day.

You would have to c'bore the blade unless you can find .025" bearings. That would be a pain and it would also weaken the blade quite a bit.

Plain bearings are a beautiful thing...rugged and durable.In my experience so far they are also butter smooth. I just put some lucas extreme duty synthetic gun oil on my 531 and was frankly horrified by how smooth it was afterward...it is incredible. The blade works by gravity alone...IE the plain bearings are more than sufficient!

I think it would be a sad day in the world if they ever added silly bearings to the 940. It's action is already better than bearing knives IMO. Plus bearings are just too many more parts, things to go wrong, less stable than PB washers. Washers forever for me thanks.

Back