BENCHMADE AFCK806-1101 KNIFEWORKS QUESTION

badcow47

Gold Member
I just received this knife from a seller on ePuke. I looked at the pics and, felt assured about the seller. EVERTHING about this is, on point with the exception of the stand-offsThey are stainless and Benchmade says they were all blue on this run! Came in original box. paper work, SKU on box, pouch, axis insert. I own about 20 BM axis locks and the action feels identical. Just can't get past those stand-Offs.

Attachments

• AFCK33.jpeg
    AFCK33.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 15
  • AFCKJ.jpg
    AFCKJ.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 16
Uh oh bro... I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure it's a clone. Reason I say this, and how you can go cross reference is the little trademark sign at the bottom right of the butterfly. On a real BM the circle with the R in it is so small that you can't really read it, and it's pretty dang hard to see. On the fake ones it's a much bigger circle with a much bigger, clearer R. Another thing to check against others you see online is the head of the pivot screw. There's often a difference in the chamfers near the top of the pivot screw. I could be wrong, I just rolled out of bed, but I would post it on Reddit under the r/Benchmade sub reddit, those dudes check BMs to see if they're real or not all day long.

Uh oh bro... I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure it's a clone. Reason I say this, and how you can go cross reference is the little trademark sign at the bottom right of the butterfly. On a real BM the circle with the R in it is so small that you can't really read it, and it's pretty dang hard to see. On the fake ones it's a much bigger circle with a much bigger, clearer R. Another thing to check against others you see online is the head of the pivot screw. There's often a difference in the chamfers near the top of the pivot screw. I could be wrong, I just rolled out of bed, but I would post it on Reddit under the r/Benchmade sub reddit, those dudes check BMs to see if they're real or not all day long.

Attachments

• BenchMade 8061101 Trademark.jpg
    BenchMade 8061101 Trademark.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 7
honestly it looks real to me. usually the trademark symbol on fakes is much larger than the model numbers under the butterfly. & it could be that the standoffs were swapped out for aftermarket parts by the previous owner

Mr. Fields. I tend to agree ! Benchmade sent me a pic of one form ACK and they look the same. Totally different lighting notwithstanding

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 08.09.39.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 08.09.39.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 5
Mine bought direct has blue standoffs

PXL-20240227-172835250.jpg

I acid washed it when I got it so can't give you logo pics to compare, sorry. Let me know if you want any other handle ones to compare.

Edit: Found a box pic from when I tried to sell it a decade ago to compare to your box and label
image.png

Here's all the junk it came with (I assume anyway--pic is from 2015 and I can't remember what I did yesterday)
image.png

Last edited:
Back