Benchmade Amazon Store

I am trying to get an idea of how Amazon works with specific company store pages such as the Benchmade Amazon Store. This question is mainly for Benchmade Benchmade but all input welcome...

Is the Benchmade Store on Amazon legit? Does Benchmade oversee it, monitor it or control it in anyway? Is there a chance of getting a fake from the store?

I haven't ordered anything, I am just wondering if it is good to go? I know some will say "Just order from reputable dealers!" and that is true, but if the Amazon store page is legit, why would it be on Amazon for us to buy from in the first place?

Again, I am just trying to figure this out! Sometimes Amazon appears like a viable purchase option with good pricing and fast, free shipping.

You have to look at the "Ships from" under the Buy It Now button. I clicked on a couple from the store, and neither were shipped and sold by Benchmade. If those aren't Benchmade, Benchmade isn't in control of it.

You have to look at the "Ships from" under the Buy It Now button. I clicked on a couple from the store, and neither were shipped and sold by Benchmade. If those aren't Benchmade, Benchmade isn't in control of it.
That's what I thought and that is also the main issue! When you navigate to the BM store page, it looks official with logos and all! Amazon should not be allowed to slide a different vendor into the page listings! Very misleading for sure! Isn't there anything Benchmade or any legit manufacturing company can do to stop this if they actually support the store page?

The river flows where it will. What it should and shouldn't do is entirely up to it. Therefor, if you are worried about getting a legit anything, amazon isn't for you. Lots of companies refuse to play their games and so will state on their own home pages that any branded product of theirs on amazon is almost certainly fake. With some companies it's harder for them to enforce.

Back