Berry Season, and Spring Awareness in The Tennessee Hills

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Late spring is berry season here, my favorite part of the warm season. I've been watching them all develop for weeks and they are finally ripening.

I found a good many ripe blackberries, and they're nice and sweet this year too thankfully.
1-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

The Mulberries are slowly but surely getting there.
3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

6-vi.jpg

We have a lot of briers here,
7-vi.jpg

8-vi.jpg

The blueberries are my favorite, I'll be glad when some of them are ripe, barely pinkish purple as of yet.
9-vi.jpg

10-vi.jpg

I have some competition who loves fresh blueberries also. I haven't seen him or her yet, just a few obscure tracks here and there, along with some other obscure tracks around the watering hole.
11-vi.jpg

12-vi.jpg

13-vi.jpg

The Elderberries are in progress, but have a ways to go.
14-vi.jpg

15-vi.jpg

16-vi.jpg

17-vi.jpg

And the dewberries should be opening soon.
18-vi.jpg

Lots of rose hips on all the wild rose vines
19-vi.jpg

The wild grapes are just starting, more on those later.

Very cool!

I planted a couple of blueberries on the back of my property, will likely just be deer food though.

I am in Winchester and ride my motorcycle over your way frequently.

I love living down here!!

Thanks for the pictures!

Very cool!

I planted a couple of blueberries on the back of my property, will likely just be deer food though.

I am in Winchester and ride my motorcycle over your way frequently.

I love living down here!!

Thanks for the pictures!
Thanks man! Glad you liked them! I have deer and bear both for the ones in the wild, want to relocate some since there are so many small ones there. I've also been cleaning out around them some for better images. I used to work in Winchester some years ago when I ran the punch list for a Jim Walter's outfit here. I bet Monteagle is fun on a bike!

We do have lots of blackberries here. And some blueberries as well. But it is to early for the blackberries yet. Most of them are ready to be gathered by august or so. Mullberries... I don't recall seeing them. I am not a plant expert though.

Great pictures! Very very illustrating!

Mikel

Back