Best Budget 12cm Utility Knife

I've just bought my 1st decent set of knives ... Victorinox Fibrox ... The one thing that seems to be missing from their range unless you want the wooden handle version is a 12cm utility knife.

Has anyone any suggestions of something that the height of the blade is about 2.5cm or less that's 1/2 decent and won't look too out of place in a block with the others and won't loose it's edge too quickly.

Ones I've bookmarked myself are a Wustoff Classic but it's approx £60 and didn't want to spend that much, I've also seen a Jamie Oliver Tefal but can't seem to find much info on it, what steel / hardness so wonder if it's just a marketing gymic for somethinng that's not great ... although I could be totally wrong with that.

Hiya W Witterings I got a Sabatier 12cm (which is roughly 5 inches) serrated utility knife for about £16 delivered to UK ; I think they do a plain bladed version as well.
I just found a Sabatier 5 inch one at Kings and Queens for £12 (half price) w/o p&p - they are great for the money; I have two.
I can also see Sabatier IV 12cm/5 in utility knife for a bargain £4 w/o p&p. from Judge Kitchenware UK.
They are full tang/3 rivet knives in a good budget steel and HRC 56 hardness which is excellent for the price.
I endorse the Sabatier IV knives which are made by Judge because I have two - the 6 inch and the 8 inch and I can get them very sharp and they hold an edge longer than some £30-£40 designs which I own.

Because of New Year sales, Harts of Stur are doing the Judge Sabatier 3 piece knife set for £14.95 reduced from £33.20 which includes a 11cm utility knife.
They also come with an excellent 25 year guarantee for 15 quid.
They are also full tang/3 rivet designs in a hard budget steel and they are a brilliant bargain IMHO.
SABATIER_KNIVES.jpg

Last edited:
Back