Best company with "Steel" in their name?

Wich one of these "Steel" makes highest quality knives?

• Cold Steel

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Real Steel

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • LionSteel

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Steel Will

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • SteelBuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forever Steel

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Lots of companies with "Steel" in their name... so which one is the best "Steel" in your opinion?

Regarding the overall quality of their products.

Carothers Performance Steel :)

Of the brands you mention I only have Lionsteel. They do some cool collaborations.

i-z4zVMZT-X2.jpg

Last edited:
It depends on how you judge quality. Forever Steel is made by Rike and has by far the most complicated machining and best action. They also have some really interesting designs and concepts I haven't seen anywhere else.

Cold Steel would be the strongest and most trustworthy, though. Fit and finish is nowhere near Forever Steel and Lionsteel but they work well and are designed to really be used.

Lionsteel is kind of hard to place; they have some impressive multi-axis machining, especially for the integral models. The fit and finish also has some nice touches; the TM-1 has a high-polished tang and is easily the smoothest lockback I've ever felt. I wouldn't say they're the most intricate, and there are some clumsy design decisions like overly thick blades, but the smoothness between mating parts makes me think they have more hand-fitment than most.

I don't think the others are really contenders.

Cold steel folding locks are the strongest that I know of. The only thing I can remember that is as strong, is Miller Bros blades T-1, with the security pin. But if one looses the pin, cold steel will be the strongest. If they changed their steel to 3v or A8mod on their folders, they would be unbeatable.

Reactions: DMG
Hard to say which is “best”. They all make very different knives for different purposes.

Cold Steel is the only one of those brands that I have. I have a lot and use them frequently. The Tri-ad lock is the strongest lock in my opinion.

Lionsteel, their m390 is run a bit soft but both Lionsteel and fox knives have sent me good stuff over the years

Not gonna get into the good-better-best quagmire. I mean, I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night! 😁

I have a couple of RealSteel fixed-blades and their quality seems pretty high.

Steel Will......by far. The others aren't even contenders. They have too many weak spots.

Steel Will is the strongest design. Period.

An engineer told me so.
Is Steel Will still operational? I believe they may have closed?

First “good knife” I ever had: Real Steel Megalodon. ✔️

Back