Best fighting trower

ok well im looking for a good thrower that is also a good fighting knife i feel im asking for to much.......i hope not

No such thing! At least not to date.. I suggest you prioritize.. Then go from there.. Then of coarse you may want to tote (2) knives :D .. I do :cool:

ahh damn i was afraid of that well thanks anyway..... i guess i woulds rather have a thrower but not like a typical one that is "spikeish" looking........i donno anymore...

You certainly could employ Ranger JD's airborn thrower as a fighter with good effect. The problem with throwing knives is once you have thrown them you ain't got them no more. My recommendation for what its worth is get a dedicated fighter and then if you really want throwers by three decent smaller knives and carry them together. Something like cold steels true flights. I think throwing knives is more fun the practical but being able to hrul steel at an attacker does certainly distract them. Though I don't think one should rely on disuading anyone with thrown knives.You do NOT want to throw your primary knife.

what type of steel is most durable for throwing.....i am a begginer so i will be expecting some bad throws and some random throws into my thigh well my be not the second one....i hope

thats an intresting comment to leave me....and sorry i dont know anythign about that knife....i just want a nice thrower.....send pics of your favorit people.....THANKS!!!!!

"thats an intresting comment to leave me...." sorry not trying to steal your thread or change the subject just thought i'd drop the link since i too have been trying to make a decision on a good knife for a beginner and it seemed like a good one. i dunno much about knife steel but if i get the knife ill let you know how that one is.

oh i didnt mean to sound like a dick it jsut was a bit unusual of a post but oh well the knife looks great...

what makes a good throwing knife?????? im going to say balance..oh yea another question im just full of them...how do u judge balance...my guess find center of knife place on finger and pray.....

Cold Steel makes a thrower with a sharp edge that can be used for other chores than just throwing....imo..it's a pretty good thrower as well...Doc

umm the warthog is not a fighter. I dont know whether or not it would be a good thrower or not. The warthog is primarily just for utility im thinking you would be better off using the impact spearpoint if you were wanting to use something from the impact series. I suppose the D2 impact spearpoint would be better for throwing though since its about an inch longer.

If you are going to throw your fighter for either fun or defense the main thing you want is durability. Balance means nothing, as for anything you throw will rotate in a specific way around its center. You will quickly learn how to make it stick. Look for a full tang fixed blade with a durable handle and at least a 3/16" spine. The length is up to you. I don't throw anything under 10" and prefer a 14" thrower. There is large assortment of steels to choose from. Stay away from steel that is too soft for a fighter or too brittle for a thrower. This still leaves 90% + of current steel available. You can spend a little or a whole lot and still get what you want. IMO get a inexpensive knife (no Pakistan stuff, too soft) and beat the hell out of it. Expect to file out nicks and dents if you throw it often, no matter what steel you get. IMO, throw a stick, rock, dirt, anything as a distraction so you can use your knife more effectively. NEVER throw away your knife unless you are in extreme distress and have no other choice.

...What Bilker said.

As for suggestions for a knife, I like the Cold Steel SRK as well as their True Flight thrower which can be easily sharpened to hair shaving & handle-wise can be improved by adding an additional layer of paracord.

As has been said previously, the ubiquitous "Kabar" is a good choice - I learned to throw with one of those and a bayonet personally. And they (Kabar) have alot of newer models that would work too.

Ontario would be another relatively low cost option: specifically their 'Freedom Fighter' models as they have handles that are better suited to throwing than the Spec-plus line. I like the looks of their Quartermaster model (FF / 1095 carbon steel version) & it looks like it would throw pretty well...

Check knifecenter for deals on alll of the above BTW.

Good luck!

cold steels SRK is definitly a good throwing knife. I used to have one and got really good at throwing. It also took and edge very well. I gave it to a Philippines Army Master SGT when I left. I'm sure it's still in good hands and still going strong. I stuck it in the turn table of a grader, let's just say it was stuck side ways, I had a freind of mine about 6-3 and 200+ lbs stand on it and bounce. the knife came through true and straight and all my buddies were slackjawwed. I asked them to try that with thier Kabars :)

The SOG seal 200 and seal pup work out well for both. However if you throw it a lot you will have to reshape the point when it hits the ground unless it is dirt.

The knife in the link looks like the one that "Butcher Bill" threw in The Gangs of New York".

Back