Recommendation? Best folding knife store in Paris?

I’ve been following Jolipapa Jolipapa Âchillepattada Âchillepattada waynorth waynorth and all the other French knife collectors on here for years with just a few modest Opinels in my collection.

I’ll be in central Paris for work with 2 free hours next week. Where should I go to find some nice folding knives?

I have heard good things about this place, but I have never been there or bought anything from their website:

Courty & Fils
44, rue des Petits Champs - 75002 Paris
Métro : Pyramides, Quatre-Septembre & Opéra

They have a website, you can look it up.

I have heard good things about this place, but I have never been there or bought anything from their website:

Courty & Fils
44, rue des Petits Champs - 75002 Paris
Métro : Pyramides, Quatre-Septembre & Opéra

They have a website, you can look it up.
👍

Courty & Fils is just great! Beautiful knives, both production and awesome customs. They even have Microtechs!

The salesmen speak English and are engaging to talk with. I purchased one of my favorite knives there, an incredible Veysseyre.

But just as much fun is Coutellerie Kindal in the 8th arr. The woman who runs the shop is the granddaughter of the founder. Great knives, speak English and they love to chat knives. Purchased a wonderful Callejon there.

For kitchen knives (and EVERYTHING kitchen) of course Dehillerin is a must visit. Just incredible. If you go, you *have* to go downstairs; the gigantic and diverse pieces of cookware are only here.

View attachment 1784030
View attachment 1784032

View attachment 1784033

View attachment 1784034

God I love Paris....

I’ve been following Jolipapa Jolipapa Âchillepattada Âchillepattada waynorth waynorth and all the other French knife collectors on here for years with just a few modest Opinels in my collection.

I’ll be in central Paris for work with 2 free hours next week. Where should I go to find some nice folding knives?
I just can agree with the given addresses.
It also depends where you will stay.
I guess you'll travel on your feet or with bus. So 2h is very short time downtown...
Courty and Kindall are grossly in the same area. Courty having the biggest choice, but Kindall is a nice (kind? 😸) place.
If you already know where you stay, drop me a PM, I may help you preparing your trip.
One more (sad) word. Paris is an expensive city and prices are usually higher than in other towns, including knives. In the shop, specify you are American and ask if you can buy tax-free.

Depending on where you happen to be, one of these two is certainly worth a visit :
COUTELLERIE BOURLY
35 rue de l'Abbé Grégoire 75006 Paris VIème
and the other Bourly shop at :
2 rue du Sommerard 75005 Paris Vème

I just can agree with the given addresses.
It also depends where you will stay.
I guess you'll travel on your feet or with bus. So 2h is very short time downtown...
Courty and Kindall are grossly in the same area. Courty having the biggest choice, but Kindall is a nice (kind? 😸) place.
If you already know where you stay, drop me a PM, I may help you preparing your trip.
One more (sad) word. Paris is an expensive city and prices are usually higher than in other towns, including knives. In the shop, specify you are American and ask if you can buy tax-free.
Last time I was in Paris, I didn't need to tell anyone I was an American, they just seemed to know. 😁

Last time I was in Paris, I didn't need to tell anyone I was an American, they just seemed to know. 😁
Yes but this time this could help you pay less (who knows? 😉)

If interested in hand made kitchen and Corsican knives :
coutellerie ceccaldi 15 Rue Racine, 75006 Paris

Quite half way between Courty and Kindall :
Renaud-Laguiole
128 r Provence, 75008 Paris for Laguioles (beware of hitch-hikers 😸)

Last edited:
Back