Best kershaw spring assisted knife?

I handled the Echelon at Blade. When is this thing coming out ? I believe it is the only knife that could replace my Leek.

The Echelon?...hmmm...no ETA at this time.

IMG_4976.jpg

Last edited:
Man I love the Piston- So when exactly can I get my hands on one? :D

BTW- I recall mentioned the s30v blur first, so I win :p

Actually the Next-Gen A/O Kershaws are going to be better than ever! Echelon, Piston, and Knockouts are the current/next variations that will hit the streets. The Kershaw import A/O's are also quite nice IMO. Did I mention the new Hinderer A/O...Wait, forget I said anything...

This is nice. Very nice! :) :thumbup:

I wouldn't reccomend the blur. I am a plumber and I purchased the s30v blur for edc at work and around the house. It has a great blade shape for edc but the handle with the tech grip fails it big time for me. You know how you keep your tape measure mounted on your pants and overtime it will wear the edge of your pockets? well the tech grip will wear the edge of your pockets in no time. I ruined a pair of pants in two weeks carrying this knife. There are some other problems with the knife as well. In short. The fails of the knife are tech grip ruins clothing,makes it hard to get on and off clothing, scratches your hands when going in your pocket for something else, the thumbstuds are to sharp and you could actually cut your self on them, with repeated opening of the knife they will wear on your thumb a bit, the gimping might as well not even be there it's to smooth, your thumb slides right over it no matter how hard you press on it, I chipped my blade cutting thick wax coated paper and I chipped it prying the safety off of my bic lighter. I wrote a review on knife center last night and it should be approved soon. The s30v blur cost me 90 bucks shipped. I should have gotten a 0350 for work instead. I ordered the 0301 last night. I think this will probably win me over. So if you have enough cash to buy a s30v blur I would recommend the 0350. It has good gimping and more of it, handle isnt to rough but still very grippy, the knife is built for heavier edc chores and it will only cost you about 10 bucks more.

I wouldn't reccomend the blur. I am a plumber and I purchased the s30v blur for edc at work and around the house. It has a great blade shape for edc but the handle with the tech grip fails it big time for me. You know how you keep your tape measure mounted on your pants and overtime it will wear the edge of your pockets? well the tech grip will wear the edge of your pockets in no time. I ruined a pair of pants in two weeks carrying this knife. There are some other problems with the knife as well. In short. The fails of the knife are tech grip ruins clothing,makes it hard to get on and off clothing, scratches your hands when going in your pocket for something else, the thumbstuds are to sharp and you could actually cut your self on them, with repeated opening of the knife they will wear on your thumb a bit, the gimping might as well not even be there it's to smooth, your thumb slides right over it no matter how hard you press on it, I chipped my blade cutting thick wax coated paper and I chipped it prying the safety off of my bic lighter. I wrote a review on knife center last night and it should be approved soon. The s30v blur cost me 90 bucks shipped. I should have gotten a 0350 for work instead. I ordered the 0301 last night. I think this will probably win me over. So if you have enough cash to buy a s30v blur I would recommend the 0350. It has good gimping and more of it, handle isnt to rough but still very grippy, the knife is built for heavier edc chores and it will only cost you about 10 bucks more.

Sounds like that blade needs a sharpen-over. I'd send an email to warrantyinfo@kai-usa.com and get yours resharpened.

You can actually take out the inserts and replace them with something more to your liking -- just have to heat them up and pull them out. I've never had a problem with the thumbstuds and I actually prefer the ramped ones. :confused:

Leek leek leek. If it were liner lock and had a left hand carry option, I would just sell all of other knives and carry nothing else. My other knives including my vintage Case stockmen and a Delica.

Leek leek leek. If it were liner lock and had a left hand carry option, I would just sell all of other knives and carry nothing else. My other knives including my vintage Case stockmen and a Delica.

G10 Leek is a liner lock.

I will send it back for a sharpening as I suck at doing so right now. I ordered some 1mm camo g10 to replace the tech grip. The thumbstuds work very well. I've gotten used to them. You don't have to worry about your thumb slipping over them thats for sure. But they are a little sharp. And they do wear on your thumb if you use the knife alot. Not a big deal. Something I can live with. Kai is the best. The have the best customer service period.

I will send it back for a sharpening as I suck at doing so right now. I ordered some 1mm camo g10 to replace the tech grip. The thumbstuds work very well. I've gotten used to them. You don't have to worry about your thumb slipping over them thats for sure. But they are a little sharp. And they do wear on your thumb if you use the knife alot. Not a big deal. Something I can live with. Kai is the best. The have the best customer service period.

Sounds good - yes they do back their products above and beyond! :thumbup: Glad you're all set :)

The Rake is darn near the perfect Kershaw - love the super fat round belly and D2 cutting edge (very pokey tip and good edge geometry from a partial grind with plenty of spine). Love Tim Galyean's design touches too (the wrap-around flipper is pretty cool).

I'd love to find a G-10 Tyrade though - I owned the Ti model, but I would have rather owned the G10 version.

Back