Best Knife Buy. Period.

I'm looking forward to not only getting mine... but also seeing all you guys posting pics of your specimens when they arrive your way :)

Just to let you guys know, even though 440A is not considered a premium steel, if it's hardened to the upper 50's range, it makes for a decent steel.
Hence my question about the low hardness on Ontario 440A steel, (such as done on the OKC P4).

Last edited:
Any of you guys that ordered one of these knives in the past few days, get any notice from TFD? When I placed my order, I received an almost instant email from paypal about the money transaction, since they are who handle the monies transaction... but, I have not received any kind of confirmation from TFD. Just curious on how it all has gone for you guys on this knife purchase :) Thanks :)

I had no problems.

Thanks... I just wondered if they send out a confirmation of shipment and tracking number, or if they just ship it out and a package simply makes a surprise arrival at ones home? Thanks in advance for any insight on what to expect in this matter :)

2qbx7r8.jpg

Anyone know how these P4 USMC Combat Knives have their pommels attached? I do not see any pin through the pommel, and the rear of the tang can not be seen on the pommel's end. I am guessing maybe the pommel is threaded onto a threaded tang?

Is the tang (at the rear) rectangular or circular? If it's rectangular, I'd say the pinning must be in place and just realy well finished. I wouldn't think they'd do the screw on pommel as this was proven to fail as a weak point in the past.

Hmmm, I tend to think it will be pinned, with the pinning sealed perhaps, but it will be good to hear from OKC on this?

Not bad of a deal..... if I do end up getting one I would probably scrape off the black coating since that 440 A might be pretty rust resistant.

I had received my first order of one of these knives last week, and the next day or so after that, I placed an order for another one. The second one arrived today and found a home in this other display case :)

1zpoevb.jpg

2rz2xxe.jpg

The first one received last week, got put into this display...

33kdfye.jpg

It's not the first time that I've purchased duplicates... and I'm sure it may happen again ;)

Last edited:
Back