Best place to get a decent, cheap Manila

I'm not ready to make the jump to a Benchmade or a MT just yet but I would like something a little better than those $20.00 balis I'm seeing on the auction boards. Also, I want it to be a Manila or be able to switch it to manila. Used is fine, as long as it swings and latches well.

Suggestions?

Uh, yep.. I'm hooked.

Why in your hand of course. Just switch the handles of your Jag. Whole process may take 45mins and it will function better than it does right now. Just use the info found here and you'll be good. Depending on the tools you already have this can be done for less than $2.

Another alternative. Get in contact with Eric Maier (Mer on the forums). He does some bali surgery and one of them includes replacing pins with torx screws. Not sure what he would charge you, but it's something you can explorer. BTW, remember that name, you'll need it when your Jag handle breaks and you're wondering what to do with just a bali blade.

That's a good point just send in your jag to him and have him make new handles and set it up for you in a manilla (one l or two?)configuration.

Who sells these "Swat" balis? I saw pic of one in another thread and fell in love. In fact, it was a swat that the guy had switched the handles on and made it into a manila.

I'm likin this new Bali addiction. I wish someone would go and buy the two folders I'm selling on the exchange so I could afford a nice new one!

Greg

Both the black T6 aluminum version and the limited brass tank are available right now on bladeauction.com under balisongs. I think it is PVKnife.com or knifezilla, one of those guys. Hope this helps!

Praetorian: One other site has the SWAT, and that's knifezilla.com. I'm the one that posted my manila SWAT, so email me if you need assistance (I seriously doubt you will). And get the kydex neck sheath from baliextreme.com, it's worth the extra price for carrying. The black Tiger is so light, I always carry it in my bag for those times one never wishes to use it.

I have my SWAT right next to my bed and another one in my closet ( mint condition)
It is very smooth knife. The 5" Blade is scary.
:p

Back