Best small ratcheting tool for EDC bag?

I've a Maxped Lunada and would like to carry a small multi-bit screwdriver or wrench to go along with my Swisstool spirit S. I've looked at the Victorinox L wrench and the ratchet as well as the Topeak Ratchet Rocket, but I'm looking for more suggestions....not so much interest in allen bits but regular sized phillips/flat head and micro phillips/flat head (glasses,etc.). I'd also like the bits to be somewhat difficult to extract so that they are not able to get easily knocked out to roll all willy-nilly in the bottom of the bag
Thanks for your suggestions!

Last edited:
I wanted to put together a similar small pocket tool kit as a backup to my Swiss Army Knifes or my Case slip joint pocket knifes. I looked at both the Victorinox ratchet and Topeak ratchet wrenches. I went with the Topeak. I added a magnetic bit adapter and 1/4" to 1/4" socket adapter to the kit. The Topeak kit came with a couple of metal tire levers. I added one to the kit as a light duty prybar. Lastly, I had a slim leather case for an old modem. Everything fits in the modem case. The entire kit and the most often used bits lakes up little space in my pocket.

Picture013.jpg

I have a full selection of the Sabertooth tool line. I thought they may have been gimicky but i use the large ratcheting driver at work daily for years now and it is still working great.
The small ratcheting "T" driver might be just what you need. It is rugged as all get out. The large ones all come with a bit that can be used with 1/4" drive tools. The Non ratcheting large one with the sheath is always in my truck and has always been a great tool for me.
Mine all work great. The T handle allows you to apply a lot of force, while still being fairly small.
http://www.sabertoothtools.com/

Back