• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

"BFH-1" ..new, 2 available

We've been doing alot of higher end pieces lately and I really wanted to do a "get back to basics", pure performance knife. The handle wrap idea was given to me by ABS-JS Jon Christensen and this style (wrap,finish, etc.) is the way most of my test knives look before I go to town on them. These also come with zippered cases (a new upgrade for us) but, I don't expect they'll stay in cases for long. I hope you like them.

"BFH-1" Basic Forged Hunter, model #1
#1 (Ivy background)
This knife is forged from John Deere 5160 round stock. The blade has a 4 5/8" cutting edge and the knife has an overall length of 10". The steel has a forged finish on all the flats and an overall slow acid etch with "broke wave" file work over the thumb rest. The handle wrap is Pig skin with sinew stitching and the end is finished off with a Deer skin/Curly Maple lanyard fob. The knife comes with a tooled "basket weave" leather post sheath by Tess.
Price, with leather sheath: $250.00, plus shipping.

#2 (no Ivy)
This knife is identical to the one above except that the knife is 1/8" shorter in both edge and overall length, the file work has a slanted cut to it and the sheath sits opposite and has a smaller "basket weave" pattern then the sheath above.
Price, with leather sheath: $250.00, plus shipping.

"BFH-1" Basic Forged Hunter, model #1 (with Ivy background)...sold.
Thanks again to everyone,
J.

Those are seriously cool looking knives!!!

I love the overall design, the handle with the subtle finger grooves looks like it would be a super comfortable grip, the leather I think would really add to that too.

They look like solid work horse knives to say the least!

Sean

Back