Photos BG SOS & Hell Razor (strippers)

Hell Razor SE here, they are very under rated imho. I guess you have to hold/use one to really appreciate it. My HR goes everywhere I go.

Nice work Nate, looking forward to seeing the final finish.

Very cool. Am in the process of stripping a Rodent 6. I too found a knife that was quite clean under the coating.

Would like to get this one to a nice mirrored finish on the blade. Left the coating around the handles for protection from sweat. I've done this before on a different knife and it worked well.

I have a terror monkey hell razor that I'll have to etch and strip after seeing these pics.

Pic in better light after round 2:

96miw6.jpg

Got some 320 grit scotch brite type bits and a wire wheel this morning. The wire wheel was great for removong the rest of the stubborn coating and those dremel bits work like friggin magic wands! :eek:

Used them mainly all around the spine and in the fullers, which saved me tons of time, then did more hand sanding at 100 and 320 grit on the flats of the blade. Need to do some more detail mork next to the scales, in the holes, and around the pommel, but probably about done until the belts I ordered come in. Could almost call it good now.

Love the tan scales on this one, they turned real dark and red on their own a few months after I got it. When they're oiled up, they could pass as maroon.

The terror monkeys are .18 or .2 IIRC. The other ones are a bit thicker. I'm personally a fan of the thinner stock. Makes it much more nimble and a better slicer. The infi is already tough enough so it won't break with use.

Back