Big Chris Sold My Knife...

Mrs. Big Chris

A few months ago, I designed a knife for Big Chris. It was ridiculously thick (.275) S7. It was about as long as it was thick. One day, Chris had a customer to the house. The customer loved my knife. Chris is now in the process of finishing my knife for said customer. I guess it is back to the drawing board for me.

Congratulations? ;)
Next time the handle needs lots of glitter, that should slow down the customers.
Keep us posted, I'd love to see what you come up with for a replacement.

I thought that was the one getting the glitter handle.
Such is the life of a knife maker's wife. Oh well, on to the next version.

I think that means you have now been promoted to Vice President over design and ergonomics!
Considering you still hold veto power, Chairwoman may be closer to reality:D

It's true, I sold it.
What she did not say is that the customer is a local LEO, specifically on the SWAT Team, and he was wanting the knife to wear on his duty belt.
I was told they do not have a lot of room to spare so it needed to be something small but durable.
He picked that one up off the bench and immediately wanted it.
I do not make small knives like that so it was very rare to have it setting out at all.
Hopefully he will like it, his friends and other LEO's will like it, and I will be able to make many more small EDC knives like it.

Chris, there is a neat idea for 2017, make a series of smaller belt knives for the LEO, first responders, or our troops.

That's a sweet looking knife.

I made a pattern of it.
Although I am not a fan of small knives like that I know there is a market for them.
When thing clear up a little around here I will do some more of them.
My idea is to be small and robust.
3/16" thick and able to stab, pry, and wedge without too much concern of breaking.

Any new considerations on theses smaller knives, if things calmed down after the holidays?

Back