• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Big Sale---Case, A.G. Russell, Boker (Closed)

AFAustin

Gold Member
I’ve gotten way over-knifed recently, so time to thin out the collection. I’m breaking these down into three groups:

1st Group: new or almost new, with factory edge.

2nd Group: sharpened and lightly used.

3rd Group: offered at a bargain price as a lot—the first 2 knives have cosmetic issues with the blades and the last one is a nice but inexpensive knife.

Family shot of the 1st Group (new/like new):

ZtVskvsl.jpg

1) GEC Tidioute #252115 in Burnt Orange Jigged Bone.

Very slightly used with the beginnings of a patina. Has factory edge, which is well done. Moderate pull, centered blade.

Includes tube and wax paper. $65.00 SOLD

AyAuXzdl.jpg

uC2aHXpl.jpg

Y2aGoOEl.jpg

2) Case Humpback Stockman in Harvest Orange Pocket Worn Jigged Bone.

New and unused. Very pretty bone and "1st Run" (inside a Case "C") is etched on main spear blade. The sheepie can be a little hard to open at times (but other times not, which is odd)—probably just needs to be broken in. More pics, along with some small mods on another Humpback, here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1395506-Case-Humpback-Stockman-Goes-to-the-Spa

Includes a Case box & paperwork, but it is not the one from this knife (label says "Stockman Bone Stag"). $50.00 $45.00 SOLD

l2AjJq9l.jpg

3BK8riPl.jpg

WPVdxZ9l.jpg

3) Case Half Congress #62052 in Brown Jigged Delrin.

New and unused. 3 5/8" closed. I believe the blades are carbon/CV simply because Case usually puts "SS" on the tang for stainless and that’s not present on this one. There are blade rub marks on both blades.

I am thinking this knife is from 1974 based on the tang stamp and this reference: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com...eference-guide/case-knife-age-identification/ I am no Case expert, though, so no guarantees on that.

No box. WITHDRAWN

ncoBHgFl.jpg

umolBQ7l.jpg

4GP3RSol.jpg

4) Case BackPocket in Deep Canyon Dark Red Bone.

New and unused. Well-centered blade (not dead center but close). SS blade. Beautiful knife.

I bought it on a whim, knowing full well I like smaller knives. And I was right, it's too much knife for my purposes.

Includes box & paperwork. WITHDRAWN

dJRfPzNl.jpg

ZG9EbD8l.jpg

sXMUPUfl.jpg

5) Case Mini Copperlock in Smooth Green Appaloosa Bone.

New and unused. Beautiful appaloosa bone with the mark side brighter green and the pile side darker with more black interwoven in the green. Box is dated 5/13/98.

Includes box (somewhat worn) & paperwork. $50.00 $45.00 SOLD

17cwSMZl.jpg

YwfWWgTl.jpg

Eol5FWxl.jpg

6) Case Mini Copperlock in Smooth Chestnut Bone.

New and unused. Lighter shade of the smooth chestnut bone and well matched on both sides.

Copperlocks are great little knives, and I like them even better "de-humped" http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...lock-Joins-the-quot-Formerly-Humped-Club-quot

2UbSNNBl.jpg

uIPa7HOl.jpg

JeP5tayl.jpg

7) Case Mini Copperhead in Smooth Persimmon Orange Bone.

New and unused. I have 2 and am keeping one. I now understand why these knives have such loyal fans—they are extremely handy little knives.

6sE5wt6l.jpg

O8bR2Nbl.jpg

M0bl0X2l.jpg

8) Case Mini Trapper in Red Jigged Bone.

New and unused. CV blades. The dye looks like it pooled a little around the shield, hence the dark ring. The Mini Trapper is a classic Case pattern and a great size for pocket carry. I have several and tend to prefer the SS, so am selling the CV.

ckQGnzRl.jpg

Biubxvel.jpg

7lRcaHtl.jpg

9) Boker Barlow in brown jigged bone.

New and unused. I believe the blades are carbon steel. Very nice "Boker Tree Brand" engraving on (both sides of) bolster. These barlows are a little smaller and lighter than a typical barlow and very comfortable in hand and pocket. Clip is not centered but no rub. Really nice fit & finish overall. I have multiples so am selling a couple.

If you like barlows, I believe you will like this one.

2JFGAu4l.jpg

Qzj0dq4l.jpg

9CmAR6Ll.jpg

10) Boker Barlow in brown jigged bone.

Same knife as above except the bone on this one is a little darker.

No box with this one. $50.00 $45.00 SOLD

4MTfrJMl.jpg

tiuGYqQl.jpg

HtZGhMql.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to the 2nd group (sharpened and lightly used) and 3rd group (bargain lot). I should mention that if you like a knife with a very acute point, several of these fill the bill.

Family shot of the 2nd group (light users) and 3rd group (last 3 are the bargain lot):

8QT93UTl.jpg

11) GEC Tidioute Talon Spear #922114BE (bare end) in Goldenrod Jigged Bone.

Lightly used and in very good condition. Nice patina. I rounded the sharp tang to make it more comfortable in hand and in the pocket. It has been sharpened to a nice edge.

Includes tube and wax paper. $75.00 SOLD

FXN8Llkl.jpg

bBRZQJYl.jpg

OqMNkJJl.jpg

12) Case Muskrat in Smooth Persimmon Orange Bone.

Sharpened to nice edges and barely used. The spring sits a bit proud on the mark side when the blade is open. If it bothers you, send the knife in to Case—they take their lifetime warranty seriously: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1088595-Great-Customer-Service-Experience-with-Case

C62lLRIl.jpg

78zSDJ7l.jpg

fglfh61l.jpg

13) Case Slimline Trapper Utility in Rough Black.

Sharpened to a nice edge, with a real needle point, and very lightly used.

Includes box & paperwork. $29.00 $27.00 SOLD

hC6I4IGl.jpg

W8pZ6gyl.jpg

pe4Vdejl.jpg

14) Case Lockback #R61405L SS in Jigged Red Bone.

3 3/4" closed. Very lightly used. Sharp and pointy!

I am thinking this knife is from 1989 based on the tang stamp and this reference: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com...eference-guide/case-knife-age-identification/ I am no Case expert, though, so I can’t guarantee that.

No box. WITHDRAWN

DkNQEJ1l.jpg

8rDlbqLl.jpg

Qcp2ZWvl.jpg

15) A.G. Russell 3.0 Titanium Lockback #RUS-P73CQ in Quince Wood.

Sharpened and used a few times. 3" closed. Made in Japan for AGR. VG-10 steel. Very light at .9 oz. Sharp and very pointy. Amazing how much blade A.G. packed into this small frame. The fit & finish on A.G.’s Japan knives tends to be superb and this one is no exception. I believe these are now discontinued.

Includes black leather slip and original box. $55.00 SOLD

1wLoY56l.jpg

vu8VvgZl.jpg

nAKvQmvl.jpg

16) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Coral Rucarta.

3 1/4" closed. AUS-8A steel. Made in Japan. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly used. Easy pulls. The small wharnie now has a curve to it—bit of a mini hawkbill—and is very sharp & pointy—a clamshell destroyer!

The good folks at A.G. Russell told me the model no. is AG-438CR and that these sold for $44.95 (plus shipping) back in 1998 and were big sellers. I have several of these and they are terrific gentleman’s knives.

Includes box. $35.00 SOLD

nmD8LKbl.jpg

2Pdpadtl.jpg

YSwrX7Ql.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These last 3 are the "bargain lot". WITHDRAWN

17) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Black Rucarta.

Same model as above knife but in black. 3 1/4" closed. AUS-8A steel. Made in Japan. Sharpened to nice edges and lightly used. Easy pulls.

The small wharnie has scratching and uneveness along the upper bevel line, but is very sharp.

No box.

ZrI0xlFl.jpg

BLbqnvbl.jpg

0vZMbJZl.jpg

5YCZaU4l.jpg

bitAHHul.jpg

18) Boker 240 Half Whittler.

Nice wood scales—I’m guessing dark rosewood? 3 1/8" closed. Boker Tree Brand, Solingen, Germany. I believe the blades are carbon steel. Sharpened to nice edges.

The main clip was badly scratched and required radical surgery. It now has a rough satin finish, a slightly different blade shape, and an uneven upper bevel line. Odd looking but a very sharp and thin blade and a great little slicer.

No box.

QbspAeHl.jpg

tBR15msl.jpg

UY74mOrl.jpg

ysx6V3pl.jpg

Fxp6bJbl.jpg

19) Elk Ridge Lockback in Dark Blue Jigged Bone.

3" closed. Made in China. 440 stainless steel. Blade has movement when closed but locks up tight when open. Surprisingly nice fit & finish. Lightly used and sharp & pointy!

Includes box.

P8wAFLNl.jpg

9Cfz10ol.jpg

3d43WfIl.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prices include shipping, USPS 1st Class, w/ Delivery Confirmation. PayPal or m.o. only. I’ll cover the PayPal fees, so go ahead and list it as a sale of goods, not a gift. (If you want insurance, let me know and I will figure your cost. Otherwise, I will not be responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail.)

1st unconditional "I'll take it", followed up with prompt payment. For PayPal info., please e-mail me at: aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com

By buying these knives you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age, and otherwise in compliance with all applicable laws regarding them.

Thanks,

Andrew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

International Sales Policies:

1) I fill out the Customs forms accurately, and so I will list this as a sale/commercial transaction, not as a gift.

2) You assume responsibility for any mishaps with Customs or shipping.

3) We will agree on the manner and additional cost of shipping before finalizing the deal.

Last edited:
I will take #11

11) GEC Tidioute Talon Spear #922114BE is SPF to Half/Stop.

Ron, please shoot me an e-mail at: aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com and I'll send you PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:
11) GEC Tidioute Talon Spear #922114BE is now SOLD to Half/Stop.

PP received. Thanks, Ron. Tomorrow is a postal holiday so I'll have this in the mail to you Tues. AM with a tracking no.

Andrew

GREAT catch Ron, if you ever get bored with it..........

Enjoy, Alan

1) GEC Tidioute #252115 is now SOLD to Jam35Gr3g0ry.

PP received. Thanks, James.

I will get this on its way to you Tues. AM (P.O. is closed tomorrow) with a tracking no.

Andrew

16) A.G. Russell Reverse Congress in Coral Rucarta is now SOLD.

PP received. Thanks, Joe.

This knife will be in the mail to you Tues. AM with a t/n.

Andrew

I'll take the AGRussell locback in quince. Will pay tomorrow.
Jed

15) A.G. Russell 3.0 Titanium Lockback is SPF.

Please send me an e-mail at: aforsythe4 (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com and I'll send you PP info.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew, could you tell me the year of manufacture, of #8 , the red case mini trapper, and it is cv blades?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Andrew, could you tell me the year of manufacture, of #8 , the red case mini trapper, and it is cv blades?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The box label has a date of 11/17/15 and the no. is "6207 CV".

Andrew

Back