Bill Sanders

His post when he was state-side and his address.

Merry Christmas and thanks, Bill.

10-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Bill Sanders
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

Still around, just busy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, about half of my activation is done, now. I got a few days off to do with as I please, 15 to be exact. Figured I'd best go home and visit my daughter, before she decided to shoot me. LOL
Took me a couple of days to wind down and realize that I don't have to worry about incoming rounds for a while. Still wake up and try to find my M-16 every morning tho.
We get shot at pretty regular, but they can't hit worth a damn, and our trucks are armored. We shoot back, but don't stop the convoy, so don't know if we've hit anything/one, but they stop shooting, that's what we want. I've had to go out and recover other units equipment that's been blown to hell, but so far my unit hasn't had any casualties. We've been lucky and haven't hit any of the IED's (Improvised Explosive Devices), and our guntruck crews (All the NCO's take turns as a GT commander) have kept any vehicle-born IED's away from the convoys.
We've got good living conditions, compared to many over there. Two man rooms for most, one man rooms for senior NCO's and Officers. All with A/C and regular twin size beds. No tents this time around. Hell, I've even got a fridge, stereo (Laptop PC), TV/DVD (laptop PC), and a coffee pot in my room.
We stay busy, so time is not dragging too badly. keeps most of us out of trouble anyway.
Almost forgot, they've seen fit to promote me, from SGT/E-5 to SSG/E-6. Same job, better pay, can't complain.
As to where I'm at, do a google search for "TQ, Iraq".

Bill
SSG William Sanders
146th TC
APO AE 09381

Thank you, Kis.

Merry Christmas, Bill, and thank you so very much for doing what you do. We are all very proud to know you. Please check in as you can. We worry about our own.

Jake

This is a reprint, right? We've read this. I need verification so I know my memory is not as bad as it really is.

But anyway, redo or not, Merry Christmas to Mr. Sanders and to all of us.

munk

Kis, you're the patron saint of good causes.:)

Merry Christmas Bill. Keep your head down and the trucks rolling!
Hurry home.

Steve

Back