Bitching about Mark

DSI

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the story behind this knife

8497.jpg

There is a guy on another board bitching about MT over it

Well my knife finally got posted on A.C.K today (whoo hoo) which is pretty cool but I had to drop the price because I want it to sell quickly. The only thing I'm not happy with is because this was part of a commission to Mark Terrell he was the one who did all the work on it minus the sheath. His stamp is on the blade and as a result only my company is mentioned and nothing about it being my design.

Still it is one of my least favorite models which has been discontinued and I have better ones coming out soon. With the signing of my proposal from Monster Energy drink (my new job starting in about a month once paperwork goes through) and the subsequent bonus I'll be able to get my other working moving much quicker. I expect to have a few more knives listed in a few months.

Blade is coming up at the end of May so everyone in the knife world is super busy getting ready. I'll be going myself but unsure if I'll have anything to sell, maybe some of my multi tools but that is likely to be all.

Anyway here is the link if you want to check it out! :D

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/?id=8497

And his other post

olaf_yahoo said:
Cyborg said:
I don't get it, you were selling this knife on the Jerzee Devil forum in 2007 (for a lor less it would seem) yet you are getting offended by it now?
I may have talked about the design on the forum there but never sold any. This knife has been a LONG time coming and it turns out I made a better design by the time this first one was completed. Yes I give full credit to Mark Terrell on the fabrication of the knife but it is still my design. At the time I posted on Jerzee Devil I didn't know how much to charge for it and right now it's been such a pain in the ass (not including getting screwed by Mark Terrell on the deal) I increased the price from when it was first posted on that site.

Lenny I created Vector Knives and right at this moment nothing is in production however I have a dozen or so multi tool designs and about the same number of knives. One of them was up on Fenix a while back but it looks like they sold them all as there are no more on the site. Yes I am the designer for anything made by myself for sold through the company/with it's name.

*Edit* Here is one of my tools on Fenix under my name.

http://www.fenixoutfitters.com/staff-favorites/olaf-anderson-pry-wonder-ii-275

Cheers guys for any input.

a fellow ZS member i see....:D

i was also wondering the story behind that one as well...:) he has made the whole deal sound very confusing...

Last edited:
Ill let Mark know about this post because if its the guy I think it is. The guy is a total P.O.S. and ripped Mark off and was also double dealing behind his back. I might add that Mr. Olaf Anderson has been banned from about every Blade related forum for these various and sundry activities. Mark has spotty internet connection right now but hopefully he can respond or I will later..

Ren

Last edited:
Cheers Ren, I didn't think it was right someone was slagging Mark off without letting him know about it :D I have one of Marks knives and I love it.

Here's the story, and it's been hashed out on several forums (from which he's been banned).

If you talk to him, ask him not to send me any more virus laden emails in the hopes that I'll open them...

This guy is a real piece of work...

He posted some non-sensical drivel on another forum and here's the retort (I have evidence to EVERY single thing I said on there).. Now, obviously this was several months ago, so bare that in mind...

Olaf, you are not conveying the whole story at all.

You sent me those blanks after Christmas when you said that the original knives were great, and you raved on and on about them. I don't know why you're saying to grinds are terrible etc... now when you were so fond of them then, and you made posts on here saying so, go back and look..... I said I had a window of time in which to work on them, you said you'd ship them asap, and 2 months later, they arrived. By that time I was in full swing of prepping for Blade. I told you that I'd try and have them done by Blade.

As for stamping my logo on the opposite side, we discussed that, and it is standard practice for both parties to have representation. I left the primary side open as you were going to do your own logo on there. I don't see what the problem is now on that, but I guess it's a problem now. That's all really interesting since you said you wanted my name on them so you could use it to sell them. Wasn't that the point of sending them to me?

I got them all ground out and ready to HT and tried to get in touch with you. No email response, your phone was disconnected (you told me you hadn't been able to pay the bill). So I put them aside figuring that you would either contact me eventually, or not. Either way, I wasn't going to put a ton of time into 15 knives only to have someone else's design that I couldn't sell and they couldn't pay for.

You did contact me, right before Blade (I can show every phone bill copy to verify our conversations), and I told you that I would try and work them in etc... You told me of your financial woes, and I said that I couldn't send you a bunch of work knowing that you couldn't pay for it. I told you I'd try to set you up with a dealer, I did, then you went behind my back and tried to work YOUR OWN deal with said dealer for your own price and to have all the money shipped to you. That ain't going to fly. We discussed this, numerous times and I told you that I'd send the knives to the dealer and the dealer would send me the money, from which I'd promptly send you a check/money order or whatever you desired less the 150$ +15$ for kydex sheaths (total of 165$ each). We were going to do it this way so everybody got paid and I did have reason to question your ability to pay since you said that you were basically broke.

That price was agreed upon, and NEVER changed, period. That is a VERY FAIR price, and you are selling the knives from 265$ to 350$ or something like that, so your profit margin is substantial.

You have grossly misrepresented this matter on here for your own benefit, and you lost contact with me, not the other way around. You moved, changed email addresses, phone numbers etc.... Then your phone # that I was supposed to have was disconnected. So you might, just might try taking that responsibility.

As I told you, the 15 knives only need sharpening and kydex. I've got customer orders that I'm finishing as we speak, then I can do something with your knives. I simply will not do all the work on them, blindly send them to you (when you've told me numerous times that you CAN NOT PAY) and hope that someday you send me money. All that after you tried to go behind my back with the dealer I was setting you up with.

I have no responsibility to sell these for you, set you up with dealers, advertise them for you etc..., but I was going to try and help you out b/c it's in both of our interests to do so. If you've tried to call recently, I haven't got it. You sent me a p.m. a few days ago and I just haven't got back to you yet, but I've got a lot of p.m.'s that I need to reply to.

As for another customer being dissatisfied with me, I know of one guy who has been waiting way longer than he should've for his knife, and I've worked all those details out with him and per our last conversation, we are ok.

My phone is on, and you're welcome to call me.

If I need to dig up all our conversation, I'll do that, but most of it has been via the phone to my recollection. I don't know if you're trying to force me into doing what you want or what, but I've been extremely forthcoming regarding all the timetables and costs here. Everything I said above is the truth, and if you wish to dispute it, go ahead, but I really don't see what you're trying to do here since you still can't pay, and I'm doing everything I can to help you out so you can make some money. You effectively made your financial problem mine, and yes, I resent that, but I've been and am willing to work through that with you so that we both get what's fair. But you have to understand, yours are not the only knives I'm making or have been working on. I am one guy trying to do about 6 peoples jobs, and thus the reason for a turnaround that's not overnight.

If there's anything I missed in here, let me know, I'll cover it and provide proof if I have it.

Next response...

Oh, and by the way, you even proved that you are not being truthful about 3 things by posting the p.m.'s

1.. The time table. You were supposed to send the 15 blanks before Christmas (like early November), on the p.m. from 1-31-08, you had just sent them to me a week or so prior.

2. You said I'd changed the price, it's all there in the 1-31-08 p.m. regarding the pricing. So if I'd changed it, why no response, no question etc.......

3. The grinds were so terrible, right???? So bad that you sent me 15 more blanks so they could have terrible grinds as well........that doesn't wash at all.....

MT

Thanks Mark and sorry to be posting this idiots rantings on your forum!

Olaf's response, then mine....

In the beginning by phone which cannot be proven here the agreed price was $100 per knife. That has changed and the price isn't the part I'm most concerned about at this point. You are trying to tell me that I should not be involved with the dealer when they are MY knives that I am trying to get sold here. You stamped my knives BEFORE you asked me if you could. I had told you I would give you FULL credit for all the work done on them but I NEVER consented to them being stamped. They showed up that way and I made the best of the situation being as the stamp couldn't be taken out.

What happened to our deal that you would send me 5 of them so I could sell them, make some money and buy all the rest of them off of you in one move? You agreed to that and less than a week later went back on it, why did you agree to something like that and then change your mind? Every time I talk to you it's always the same thing, they are almost done, almost done, but they aren't done and I'm sitting here waiting all this time. You told me they would be done in a month from time of arrival. Then you told me they would be finished around April and they still aren't finished. You told me you hired some new guy who was helping out a lot and that the turnaround wouldn't be any sort of problem. I was at a friends shop this past weekend and the guy ground 8 knives in less than an hour and they were all complex blade shapes so how are you going to justify taking so long? This is the better part of a YEAR!

Why is it when you told me you had already talked to Julie at Arizona Custom knives about my stuff that she said she hadn't heard a word about it when I called her to see how the deal was going? I wasn't trying to cut you out of your money Mark, I was doing the responsible thing and making sure a deal for MY knives was actually happening. You told me you would even put them on your own site to sell them and then give me my % from them. I said great, that sure hasn't happened. Don't tell me you will do things and then not do them.

Was my phone off for a while, it sure was but my email has never been off and if you want to throw records around I've got the records of paying the bill for my internet to prove that. I don't want all this drama, I don't want bullshit, I want to hear that my knives are done after 10 months so I can buy the things or figure out if they are going to a dealer. I don't care who buys them, if I buy them off you or if a dealer is interested in them. I don't care if you get paid you $$ first, I just want to make and sell my designs, period. So contact me when they are a finished sellable product and then I'll see if anyone still wants them.

My Response...

Olaf, I'm done with you, and this. You've sullied my name both professionally, and personally, and that's it. I will not go back and forth with you on this as it's totally fruitless, and ends up being a headache for the XXXXX (omitted to avoid cross forum drama) and for myself as well.

You've got two options here.... 1. Pay me the $ you owe me for the work I have done at the price we agreed upon in the p.m. (black and white), not in your imaginary phone call. 2. Don't pay me, leave me with the expense of handles, fasteners, belts used, utilities used, etc..... and I'll just simply finish these out and either send them to guys in the sand box or donate them to charitable causes. Just tell me what you are doing, I'll give you till the end of this month to pay by cashier's check/money order.

You got bitter on this, and then you posted up some stuff you shouldn't have, but instead of owning up to that, you keep digging. That's not a good route to go in this. You also managed to prove several of my points for me, which tells me you didn't think this through. In the end, I hope you understand that it's not my reputation that will be hurt by this, but yours will. You just can't make claims against someone when they have the benefit of the written word, other people vouching for them, records etc.... You brought in conjecture and speculation for phone calls and agreements that "supposedly" happened.

I just want you to consider this then see how ridiculous this whole thing seems. You say I told you 100 $...... Ok, lets break that one down.

15 knives (and this is all appx #'s used)

2 Norton Blaze 36 grit belts (18$ total)
2 3m 120 grit belts (ceramic) 12$ total
2 220 Grit Gator Grit Trizact Belts 15$ total
4X36 60 grit ceramic (for flats) 13$ total
4X36 120 Grit (for flats) 12$ total
4X36 220 grit (for flats) 9$ total
Various belts for handles 12$ total
91$ in belts

Handles 2 sheets black G10 3/8 thick 80$ total

45 8-32 Screws (oxide coated) 12 $

Bead blast media (Garnet) 20$

Kydex appx 80$ worth - 100$

Heat treat foil etc... - 15$

Utilitiies used (hrs on knives / kwh on bill) appx 30$ -45$

That's a minimum of 348$ of expenditures. That leaves a possible profit of 76.8$ per knife, which would be great if they took an hour each, but that's not even the case..... So the deal is, when you figure all those hours out etc... I'm not making much at 165$ each (150$ for knife 15$ for kydex), and I'd be breaking even (maybe, if you underestimate the hell out of the hours) at 100$ a knife. I am a better businessman than that, period. You were getting a hell of a deal, and I'd bet any maker on here wouldn't even entertain making those for you at 165$ each. So there is no way I'd ever quote you 100$ and the only reason I quoted you what I did is b/c you already had me hooked in, then started crying poverty......

Oh, and you say that your email never changed, was never off, correct???? Sure you don't want to reconsider that??? Your email is now olaf01@suddenlink.net, it was this one Olaf Anderson [andersonknifeandtool@yahoo.com] if you want, I'll post those emails up for you.

No more banter, no more discussions, it's simple, pay what you owe, or don't, but I will not indulge you further on this subject, and I won't take up more bandwidth, admin's time or XXXXX (omitted to avoid cross forum drama) patience with this. So if you want to close this matter, call me, email me (mark@mtknives.com), whatever, but we're done here.

Dude, no sweat.... I'm a pretty open guy (not in that sense Ren......ya bastid). I may not do everything right, but I'll own up to something if I'm wrong... I wasn't in that case though.

MT

Basically, knives/knifemaking is just like the rest of the world... About 95% of the folks are good straight forward people. Then about 5% are real shit heads... Olaf falls in that later category...

MT

Just for reference has he paid you for the knife he is selling or is that stolen?

I know there have been some issues with him being a felon and having firearms in his possession too...

I am going to lock this thread now. Mr. Olaf Anderson has been banned from this forum and is a complete lowlife nut sack. End of story...

thanks for the heads up zombie corks!! I posted the response above on zs forum also. Guys should not shit on another knifemaker when I am around...

unlocking to add that Mr. Olaf Anderson is quite a piece of work.

It appears he is butt hurt about some sort of quasi deal with Mark that went bad because of his own idiocy. But Mr. Olaf is also upon research.

1. A convicted Felon. Arrested and found guilty by jury trial of possession of burglary tools at the time of his arrest at 2:00 am in a park that he alleges was open. ( I do not know of a single city or county park open after dark) he claims the tools were what he used as a locksmith and at work at UPS. Right...not a bonded lock smith with lock pick tools in a neighborhood that was experiencing a rash of break ins. He was just minding his own business dressed in dark cloths in a park near some bushes....I am sure he was just waiting to feed the homeless etc...

2. Also posted on another forum that he and his girlfriend went to the range and borrowed or rented a handgun and spent an afternoon shooting. Hmmmm NC state law says Felons cannot own or posses or use or have ANYTHING to do with a fire arm. Another felony and this knuckle head posts it on a forum. Moron alert. Then of course he drops of the face of the earth on that thread. Seems like he does that often.

3. Has possession of unsavory photographs which he emailed to certian individuals. These photos involve children. This was sent to the FBI.

4. Claims he is a knife maker although he actually does not make the knives. Someone else does the cutting of the blanks, grinding, etc. all he does is take credit for the design.

5. The design and knife he has sand in his vagina over is the ugliest, most unoriginal P.O.S. ever....See inspirational poster and quote by me beneath.

knifefail.jpg

Quick, Pablo, before Ren locks the thread again...........................

Mark, Why in the world would you put your logo on a POS knife like that in the first place??????? Have you no pride?????? No matter how good and precise your grinds are just remember "you can't make chicken salad from chicken shit" (or something like that). I don't think this guy could design a crow bar.

Love and Kisses

Paul

Last edited:
Yup, it's definitely a move I regret... The main reason I put my logo on there was b/c I figured he'd get them and say he did all the work.... I don't care if I get credit, but I don't want him to represent himself to people as a knifemaker when he isn't...

MT

Back