Bk 2 Stolen !!!!! Gone !!!

I'm beside myself at the moment, I went to grab my BK2 for my project I'm working on.. and ITS GONE !!!!!!

Before I jump to conclusions, I thought I'd call my wife and ask my son if he 'happened' to take it out of the room, he just told me he didn't. He knows better and is allowed to look and handle any knife with my supervision so I now know its not him..

Last time I seen it was Saturday, I had it out for a while tormenting wood, and specifically remember putting it away..

I hate to jump to conclusions: but, that night we had some friends over, well there happened to be about 4 kids over other then my own..

the scenario: If I was to point a finger I know where to point it, I have an office/music room where I let my friends kids beat around on the drums, well these boys are ages 9 and 11, this happens to be the same room I keep most of my knives, large khukuris etc on a book case about 4' high (perfect eye level for a kid)..

kids can be foolish, they're great kids and I don't want to go there, but when I exhaust my resources by turning this whole place upside down, I'll have no choice but to..

This really sucks anyway you slice it.........:mad:

Me and my wife discussed how my friend (their dad) had two knives clipped on the outside of his pockets;), we laughed about it.. but with this said, their dad likes knives so maybe just maybe they took it for a test drive??

there I go again, man I hate this situation.. they're GREAT kids.. but I was young once too !:confused:

Get the mob together!

Grab the pitchforks!

Somebody get the tar heated and grab the feathers!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is it also possible you misplaced it? Has happened to me when I could have sworn I knew where I put something. Important to think about before accusing somebody. Ask my wife how I learned this lesson. :D

That sucks, hope it turns up, and not at someone else's house. Don't get too mad if a kid did take it. Maybe there's some lessons to be learned all around.
Hide your knives from the small children, they could hurt themselves or others. Even dropping a BK2 on your foot would be bad.

Is it also possible you misplaced it? Has happened to me when I could have sworn I knew where I put something. Important to think about before accusing somebody. Ask my wife how I learned this lesson. :D

You bet its possible.. I just got off the phone with my wife and she said 'maybe you left it out in the wood'!! unlikely, but anything is possible, again I'm not accusing the boys of anything but its fresh in my mind they were in there is all..

Since I posted this I've been turning stuff upside down, and nothing.. To make matters worse I just got done polishing the spine removed all manufactures grinds etc....

I'm BK Blue..

That sucks, hope it turns up, and not at someone else's house. Don't get too mad if a kid did take it. Maybe there's some lessons to be learned all around.
Hide your knives from the small children, they could hurt themselves or others. Even dropping a BK2 on your foot would be bad.

Agreed, I will not be mad at them (directly) just upset in general..Maybe I need to put my knives further out of reach, I have 3 small children all of which are very familiar with guns/knives of course my guns aren't within immediate reach but my kids know they are welcome to anything I have with my supervision all they do is ask. I don't keep stuff from my kids as they may want to explore when daddy's not home..

I hope I laid it somewhere on something black, so its camouflaged..

oh man, that sucks. if one of the kids did take it and you get it back you'll know there's nothing they can do to damage that chunk of steel!

good for you on educating your kids about guns and knives. my dad did the same thing about guns - kept it in a locked filing cabinet and told us where the key was hidden in case of emergency, we can play with it anytime we asked, etc. because of that we never had the urge to play with his guns while he was away.

I'd exhaust all options first of course of places you could've "misplaced" it before confronting anyone.

The sad part though is anyone who's a douchebag enough to steal from you in the first place isn't likely to admit they stole your knife either even if you call them out on it.

Good luck to you. Hope you find it or get it back...which ever comes first.

well, that's no ideal not finding it. as a person who never mislays things, and is a "finder" of the lost things... i find it REALLY annoying when something is not to hand, is moved, or is taken.

step 1: get your flashlight, goto the scene of the crime in the woods. look.

step 2: goto your lair, with the flashlight, and use that as your virtual finger and scan. sounds dumb, but it works. while you scan, visualize hiding spaces behind and under things. be methodical. ocd even :)

step 3: contact the parents of the kids. ask them if maybe they've seen a large black knife (that phrasing alone may scare them into action), that "might have fallen into a bag" or something... cuz it was here the other night... you don't want someone to CUT themselves ;) if you have email access, send them a URL to the picture even.

step 4: keep the knife room locked when company is over and/or never invite those people again ;)

but i hope you find it at step 1/2

good luck man!

Wow...that is a major bummer! I sure hope it turns up, and soon for sanity's sake! Good luck in your search, and I hope the kiddo's didn't snag it up. It is awfully appealing though. I was once a young, impulsive lad myself and I'm not sure temptation wouldn't have won...

Damn, bro, that sux, I like Bladite's idea. I am a creature of habit, and I dont' hide thing from my kids either, but I do hide them from other people's kids.

If someone did steal it, you may never see it again, I really, really hope that you can find it or find out who took it, the not knowing is the worst.

Also, do an exact retrace of your movements from the last time you KNOW you had it in your hand. I found a knife in the grill once, my gas grill, it didn't get turned or, anything, but as I was coming in the house, my grill door was up, and that was strange. I went to check it out, noticed my thermostat was loose, tightened it up, went inside. 2 mos later after thinking it was lost, I found my knife. WTF, I can be an idiot sometimes.

Moose

OK, I found it..

We ate dinner and I sat there and thought, afterword me and my son went on the hunt.. After another 15 mins of looking I started retracing the last day I had it, I remembered I'd been sharpening it, but then really couldn't 'be sure' I put it away..

Then I (thought) I remembered placing it up high somewhere for a moment, anyway that wasn't the case I found it placed on a cabinet totally hidden in the corner etc...... to much wine I guess..

I've misplaced a lot of things but rarely a knife, I must admit though I let my conspiring thoughts run away with me, it was a perfect storm for the moment however..

Its still funny how my buddy wears two folders on the outside of his pocket isn't it?? He's the epitome of RedNeck..

OK, I found it..
Its still funny how my buddy wears two folders on the outside of his pocket isn't it?? He's the epitome of RedNeck..

yay, finding it. i'd still keep the room closed for parties ;)

as for two knives... one is for killing? the other for fun?

I'm sorry for your loss.
I hope it wasn't your friends or their kids.
Either way have a Merry Christmas.

Been there before. I keep mine on top of a six and a half foot tall china cabinet. We have a small 2 bedroom townhouse and THAT is my area. LOL I usually feel for my knives and at times if I can't feel it I start to panic and end up climbing onto a chair to look. I think I need a bigger place with my own man cave. Glad you found it!

Glad you found your knife. Post this deterrent in a visible area to prevent other forms of loss..:D

rret45534.jpg

Back