BK11 vs Swamp Rat Warden?

My google-fu is weak. I tried searching, but came up empty.

My Becker experiences span well over a decade starting with a Camillus BK7. I've owned quite a few over the years, but currently only have a pair of BK11s that I bought to use in EDC bags. The problem is: I haven't actually ever used the BK11s because I'm very fond of my Swamp Rat Wardens. The BK11s just sit in their boxes.

Can anyone who has used both share their experiences? Type of use, edge retention, problems, etc?

Man these are good ones. I like the factory micarta handles on the BK11 and paracord on the warden. I usually carry the Rat.

I've never tried a BK11, but I did sell 2 swamp wardens because I preferred my BK14. Larger blade and better shaped handle IMO.

The 3" blade on the Warden is the reason I asked. I often want just a little more.

I love my 11, I would like to try a swamp warden. I really like knives of this size. In fact I just got a mook.

The hot pot handle holder designed into the BK-11 is very handy; I've even heard of folk popping open adult beverages with it!

One of the best features! But seriously, this is one of my fave EDC blades. Small, efficient and very versatile. Blade size/shape is perfect for so many tasks.

I had to modify the handle of my 11 a bit to get it to fit right.
That said, I'm not really big on neck knives... especially sans scales. Give me a Rodent 3 or Solution, over the Warden, any day.
Since we're in Beckerland, I tend to prefer the 11 over the 14/24; simply because the handles of the latter feel so small in my hand. (The micarta scales help a bit, but not enough)

I also have a Warden with Piatta scales. That's a very nice feeling little knife, but I like scale-less neckers because they'll fit in my dress trouser pocket without being visually obvious.

Back