BK29 mod

So I modded my bk29. I wanted to do this to a bk20, but then they sold out and were way too much on the aftermarket. I figured I'd just buy an extra 29 while they are basically only $100.

Gave it the normal treatment, stainless hardware, paint stripped, logos etched. I played around with it earlier today and of course got no photos. So these will have to make do and hopefully I'll add some more tomorrow.

I always loved Dex's similar mod he did to a bk9 that NCslice has, but I wanted to keep the blade length. So the 29 makes the perfect platform. Blade length clocks in at 9 inches. I bet it would even give the bk9 a run for its money.

If I can get the extra money I hoping to buy another bk29 and pin some permanent wood handles on it with a big old fashioned brass guard. Really try to give it a worn out look and a good leather sheath that matches. I think it would make a killer old school bowie that is still functional. unnamed-1.jpgunnamed-2.jpgunnamed.jpg

Really nice looking blade. I wanted to wharncliffe my beat up Bk3 just like that. You just motivated me Thanks knifejunkie.

I'm so glad that I found this BK&T forum. You people are awesome!!!! Let me take a brand new beautiful blade open it and go straight to the band saw. Thats exactly what I have been wanting to do forever. But I always let my inhibitions get in my way. Those days ard behind me Thanks Beckerheads.

That's awesome! Most Wharncliffes don't appeal to me but I like that one.:thumbsup:

If you don't want the extra BK5 let me know.;)

Very cool! Reminds me of the skrama but cooler!

Thanks Meshach! Reminds me of a skrama as well.

Thanks!

Really nice looking blade. I wanted to wharncliffe my beat up Bk3 just like that. You just motivated me Thanks knifejunkie.

Glad I could help! That bk3 is going to be sick! Post photos when your done!

I'm so glad that I found this BK&T forum. You people are awesome!!!! Let me take a brand new beautiful blade open it and go straight to the band saw. Thats exactly what I have been wanting to do forever. But I always let my inhibitions get in my way. Those days ard behind me Thanks Beckerheads.

I wish a had a bandsaw I ground all that off. Took a few hours.

That's awesome! Most Wharncliffes don't appeal to me but I like that one.:thumbsup:

Thanks Noswad0208! I don't know why but I've been on a wharncliffe kick the past year. It won't seem to go away...

If you don't want the extra BK5 let me know.;)

I'm going to be listing them soon PM if you want first dibs.

Very nice work...

Thanks Boss1911!

Very seax-y mod KJ! Kudos to cutting up a brand new, limited edition blade.

Thanks Aikiguy!

Kick ass!
Gah...now I gotta buy 2 BK29s...

Do it! I really regretted not getting an extra bk20 to mod.

Very original! Nice!

Thanks Rebel!

You won't snap the tip off that one, looks good!

Thanks 91bravo! Yeah I would be worried about that on some kabar's thinner stock. This .25inch it's good stuff!

That Sir is some Beautiful work with a grinder. I truely applaud you for your dedication.Thanks again for sharing.

Nice!!! What a demolition duo. Big fan of Machax's and now the Bk29 Whar Hound. Yea I just coined that lol

Really cool mod!
Bet you've got some green scales(handles) left after that bk29 purchase.. :rolleyes:

Thanks Tanker1/66 and danny.k!

I think the official name Im calling it is the "toddler thumper" or maybe "toddler popper". Just a little inside joke with my sister and her new kid.

And yes danny.k I do have a few sets laying around. :thumbsup:

See? This is what happens. I felt the same way, at first. But....then the what-ifs start to invade your imagination - and the next thing you know, you're taking your new, roll stamped BK-7 to the grinder. Fun as hell, once you get over that thing about "ruining" a perfectly serviceable knife.

And I think I speak for all the 'Heads when I say: "you're welcome". We do aim to corrupt.

Back