Here is the box and opened blade.

FrontSubcom.jpg

Here is the backside.

BacksideSubcom.jpg

Jerry

Aloha Gray Fox,

Mahalo for the great pics!

Will this be a user or just for "Gawking" at?:p

Whatever you do, enjoy your "Black Beauty", and thanks for your support!

God bless:thumbup:

Right now it is clipped to my belt :) I found that it makes super clean cuts on
paracord using the non-serrated part of the blade.

I hope they come out with a plain edge black blade...

Jerry

Right now it is clipped to my belt :) I found that it makes super clean cuts on
paracord using the non-serrated part of the blade.

I hope they come out with a plain edge black blade...

Jerry

Mahalo Gray Fox,

Thanks for having the "guts to use" the BO586. I sure don't!:eek: I'll just stick to my Desert Tan version.:p

Please keep us posted on how well the coat stands up to daily use, time permitting of course.

As for a PE version...well...that all depends on how well this initial "Black Beauty, aka "Burnt Biscuit" does. ;)

God bless and again, thank you.:thumbup:

Interesting - my black Subcom looks alike, has the same inscriptions, but NOT the "Taiwan" one. Are there several series or origins of the knife?
Michael

Interesting - my black Subcom looks alike, has the same inscriptions, but NOT the "Taiwan" one. Are there several series or origins of the knife?
Michael

Aloha Michael,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is interesting. Mine has the Taiwan inscription as well.

Not sure if there are certain origins of this one. Will try to find out and will let you know. However, IF our new moderator can inform you, that will be just as good!;) :D

mahalo Michael, and God bless:thumbup:

Just for the record, the quality of my black subcom does not hold up to the promises of the first and second rund SF. It is hard to open, there is clear resistance when pushing the blade open, and worse, there is resistance when you try to close it. Unlocking the blade is much harder than on my other SFs, all in all the knife is resisting you. Spyder-dropping the knife open does not work. I will try to oil it with Ballistol to see whether that has any effect, but the smoothness of handling which was a feature of the original SF is evidently not there.
Michael

I just picked up my Black Beauty. It was worth the wait. Looks better in person.

Mahalo Chris,

Yeah, it does! So, now the question I ask all who wield a "coated blade"...
User or for the GawkBox?:confused: :D

Thanks again and take care.

Just for the record, the quality of my black subcom does not hold up to the promises of the first and second rund SF. It is hard to open, there is clear resistance when pushing the blade open, and worse, there is resistance when you try to close it. Unlocking the blade is much harder than on my other SFs, all in all the knife is resisting you. Spyder-dropping the knife open does not work. I will try to oil it with Ballistol to see whether that has any effect, but the smoothness of handling which was a feature of the original SF is evidently not there.
Michael

Aloha Michael,

FWIW, I would say that the coat *may* have something to do with this. Keep playing with it, I am sure it will "break in" in no time! Kind of like your strings holding their tune...;)

Oh yes, regarding your earlier question about the "Taiwan" mark:

Apparently, it is by law that all things imported must state the place of origin here in the US. Europe is not governed by such a law, therefore the word "Taiwan" need not be on your BSF. A good friend of mine just got one from Switzerland and his does not wear "Taiwan" either.

God bless and take care:thumbup:

Mahalo Chris,

Yeah, it does! So, now the question I ask all who wield a "coated blade"...
User or for the GawkBox?:confused: :D

Thanks again and take care.

Hello Daywalker,
For now it is in the GawkBox. My wife is curious as to why I need the same knife in different colors.She reminded me that I asked her why she needed so many pairs of black shoes. My 11 year old son gave it :thumbup: I EDC my original 3rd gen subcom.:cool:

A
Apparently, it is by law that all things imported must state the place of origin here in the US. Europe is not governed by such a law, therefore the word "Taiwan" need not be on your BSF. A good friend of mine just got one from Switzerland and his does not wear "Taiwan" either.

Mmmm, doesn't sound convincing to me. Why should Böker do separate runs without "Taiwan" inscribed when stating the origin is perfectly permissible in Europe, and is in fact the rule? An added effort for no return does not sound very economic to me. The oddity remains. My first run SF DOES show "Taiwan" btw., and I bought it in Europe.
Michael

Chad, the black blade version looks Great! Will the Blackened biscuit be as sweet as the Honey biscuits?.....;) :D

For Now my Black Beauty sits in the War chest...I use the Tan CE...Doc:D

Hello Daywalker,
For now it is in the GawkBox. My wife is curious as to why I need the same knife in different colors.She reminded me that I asked her why she needed so many pairs of black shoes. My 11 year old son gave it :thumbup: I EDC my original 3rd gen subcom.:cool:

Aloha Chris,

LOL, I always use that one to "justify" my knife collection!:D

Thank your 11 year old, and guide him well.

God bless and take care:thumbup:

Mmmm, doesn't sound convincing to me. Why should Böker do separate runs without "Taiwan" inscribed when stating the origin is perfectly permissible in Europe, and is in fact the rule? An added effort for no return does not sound very economic to me. The oddity remains. My first run SF DOES show "Taiwan" btw., and I bought it in Europe.
Michael

Aloha clavichord,

Well, I dunno...Just relaying the message given to me. I am not aware of all the legalities of such things, I am more interested in designing. Sorry I was not able to help you find the answer you were looking for.

God bless:cool:

Chad, the black blade version looks Great! Will the Blackened biscuit be as sweet as the Honey biscuits?.....;) :D

Aloha jaislandboy!

Great seeing you here! Oh yes, the "Blackened Biscuit" will be as sweet as the "Honey Biscuit"...But after hard and thorough use, I don;t think it'll look as good!:D

God bless and good to see you!:thumbup:

For Now my Black Beauty sits in the War chest...I use the Tan CE...Doc:D

Aloha SSifu,

Man, I wish I could say the same...I began carrying it this evening. That means, I gotta get a "Keeper" for the GawkBox.:rolleyes:

God bless and take care SSifu:thumbup:

Back