Blackout ginunting and a little shandigan barong

Ginunting in differential tempered 1075, file finished mild steel and overdyed maple. All steel cold blued

And a shandigan (fullered with a convex reinforced edge) barong in 5160, mild steel and Ipe

That barong is little!? :eek:

I love it...must be great in hand and full on lethal.

More SE Asian-style blade goodness, real nice handle on the big one, I bet that chunk of heavy wood acts rather like a pommeled hilt. The barong is almost smatchet-like!

More SE Asian-style blade goodness, real nice handle on the big one, I bet that chunk of heavy wood acts rather like a pommeled hilt. The barong is almost smatchet-like!

Thanks Mecha-I think Fairbairn got the idea from the barong, personally-his later ideas (the Cobra) are pretty dang ginunting/hagibis influenced IMO

Thanks Mecha-I think Fairbairn got the idea from the barong, personally-his later ideas (the Cobra) are pretty dang ginunting/hagibis influenced IMO

Oh ya, it seems obvious after looking at the Cobra that the smatchet is a double-edged barong.

I would love to see you do a thread explaining more about the barong. I love my street barong and am amazed at how versatile it is...such a great design. :thumbup:

Back