Blackwater Aculus Limited Edition Knife made by LionSteel

#30 here

Only criticism for me is how the jimping sits down into the handle making basicaly non functionalwell that and mine did not come very sharp. Beautiful little knife and very cool packaging, although how did you mofo's get stickers?

I agree with jimping being so recessed as to non-functional. Not the same in TiSpine. Also, on the TiSpine I like fact that the pattern on the handle wraps around whereas on the Aculus it's smooth on edge of the handle.

My blade is centered.

My packaging included the sticker. Perhaps they ran out or it only comes in packages when ordered directly through Blackwater USA.

Weird I ordered direct from them, but no sticker not a huge deal though. I have not handled a TiSpine, had one on preorder but let it go when I saw these were coming out you say the jimping is more functional on it?

I agree with jimping being so recessed as to non-functional. Not the same in TiSpine. Also, on the TiSpine I like fact that the pattern on the handle wraps around whereas on the Aculus it's smooth on edge of the handle.

My blade is centered.

My packaging included the sticker. Perhaps they ran out or it only comes in packages when ordered directly through Blackwater USA.

Weird I ordered direct from them, but no sticker not a huge deal though. I have not handled a TiSpine, had one on preorder but let it go when I saw these were coming out you say the jimping is more functional on it?

Yes because the jimping on the TiSpine is not recessed into the handle like it is on the Aculus.

Well I had ordered #27 but apparently it sold while at Blade 'cause the word hadn't gotten around that it was supposed to be held for me. Oh well, the lady at BW felt really bad about it. She offered me #20, but I picked #37 instead since the 7 was the important part for me. Should be here today, I am excited!

Only 11 left in stock and the price has gone up from $350 to $437.50 since I bought mine on June 3rd!

I found one for 300.00 on amazon (came with sticker and centered blade). I was surprised they raised the prices like that too.

Hey guys, just posted in the general knife discussion forum about my issues with mine (#026) that I received from Blade HQ yesterday. I have a lot of issues with this knife. I paid around $385 for it and expected it to be pretty close to perfect. I have wear marks on the pocket clip, a small scratch on the presentation side of the blade, a spot in the blade finish on the lock side, a sticky lock bar, and it's off center. It's such a beautiful knife, but I can't get past these issues. I think I'm going to return it. Hopefully, I can get a replacement.

Hey guys, just posted in the general knife discussion forum about my issues with mine (#026) that I received from Blade HQ yesterday. I have a lot of issues with this knife. I paid around $385 for it and expected it to be pretty close to perfect. I have wear marks on the pocket clip, a small scratch on the presentation side of the blade, a spot in the blade finish on the lock side, a sticky lock bar, and it's off center. It's such a beautiful knife, but I can't get past these issues. I think I'm going to return it. Hopefully, I can get a replacement.

There are only 100 made so not that many around. Perhaps return it.

Serial# 002 is on the Exchange now:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ted-Edition-Knife-002-of-100?highlight=aculus

That's too bad. I can't find any fault with mine. Great F&F, no lock stick, and opens smoothly. For that kind of money, I wouldn't be happy with that many imperfections.

Send it back. There are still some out there unsold. Mine was perfect in everyway but since have sold it off.

Well BladeHQ is out of them, so I'm just returning it and getting a Microtech Select Fire.

I have wanted to get my hands on a Aculus and today finally I found one on ebay.
I'm wondering how many were made, everywhere I read it says 100.
The ebay listing says that the serial number is 109.
Does anyone know if more than 100 were produced and sold or is this a special/knockoff knife.
I would really appreciate any info, thanks.

AnGeL

Back