Blade setting fix .( how I did it )

Status
Not open for further replies.

trix2004

BANNED
Got my HEST today , thank you very much for fast shipping !!!,
but my HEST had problem with blade sticking out, I really dont wanna send it back or install thinner pin .
This is not official fix , I am just showing what I did .

how it looked then I got it .
1176125613_Sf65M-L.jpg

how it looks open , contact point of the stop pin .
1176126440_9nNeV-L.jpg

took some metal off here .
1176126760_otPtf-L.jpg

finished
1176124108_DzyW5-L.jpg

took some metal off back spacer , blade can go deeper now without touching back spacer .
1176124432_XBCGx-L.jpg

1176124842_hgFnL-L.jpg

.assembled .
1176125252_eTVVC-L.jpg

and final touch new g10 scale , love this color .
1176122938_RQKGZ-L.jpg

I think this is very good knife, just need few bugs fixed . :thumbup:

ok I need to get some sleep now . Later .

Nice tutorial, nice work, great new scale - thanks! :thumbup:

Trix, good post. Great shots along with the explanation to show why and how. Thanks for the information.
Be safe.

Dude!!! That scale looks awesome with the Mr. DP blade!!!
Nice work!!!!

I'm not into the bling (I can't pull it off), but those scales fit the DP knife very well. Nicely done.

damn!!!! you have a one of a kind and some of us are still waiting on our LE models. LUCKY!!!

i think we need someone to make some neon green/black g10. that would be badass on the sterile version.

Last edited:
You couldn't post this before I mangled my stop pin into a peice of shit looking roadkill:D! Nice fix and nice scales. Thanks for posting!

I feel in good company here because MOST of the people in DPx forum are the type when faced with a problem, find a way to fix the problem instead of crying about it. Yes RYP an Gianni are going to fix all issues, but a lot of you are already fixing the issue just like I will when mine gets here. There are too many people in the world that will not lnow what to do if the "balloon goes up". I can imagine them trying to call the electric company when their power goes out intead of going to a nearby stream/river with a generator and hooking it up to a waterwheel. Sorry for the ranting. Nice scale also.

Thank you for sharing the how-to-fix, Trix. As usual, your scales are top-notch. When are you going to make some more scales for us poor souls.......

let us know if you decide to crank out more custom scales. lime green and black or orange and black would be cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back