Blade Show 2016

Blade Show 2016

I would like to thank everyone who came by my table and looked at my work. I wish I could remember all of your names, but here are some that came to mind, Peter, Susan, Phil, Sergio, Justin, Rick and Rob. I am sure I am forgetting a few..

A special thanks to Bill Nelson for helping keep an eye on my table for me when I needed a break, Justin Thank you For the Cigar, Peter and Susan for the fine wine at Fogo de chow.

The show was a huge success for me. I came to the show with 31 knives on Sunday I left the show with 3, I was hopeful I would sell that many but I was not expecting it!
I picked up two dealers as well DLT and USA Made Blade they will both start carrying OKT’s

The Crowd in Front of the Fiddleback Table

Hosted on Fotki

Blade Show Table

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

And Here is what I left the show with.

Hosted on Fotki

Justin (Southern Gent) and I hanging out in the pit

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

These are some of the Pictures I managed to take of some of that batch.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Here is a little hint on what I will be working on next

Hosted on Fotki

In CLosing I would also like to thank my continued supporters who couldnt make it to the show. With out you guys this would just be a hobby. Thank you!

I will add more pictures as I find them

Last edited:
In the 3rd pic from the top, the 3 large blades in the top right corner on the table look friggin' awesome. What are they?

Thanks for sharing the pics and post. I'm loving the Hunter that I managed to score remotely via Instagram. The handle and overall balance kick butt!

Thanks for sharing Chris! I'm glad you had such a successful show. Wish I could have been there. That Raptor with the blue pinstripe in my favorite of the batch I think.

Glad we could make the scene at Blade Show Chris. Susan & I are grateful that we were able to pic up several beauties from your table. Exciting to see that you are ready to kick things up another notch, it will be interesting to see how you put that pail of quench oil to the test. Don't forget that we are putting a nice bottle aside for you & Elena to enjoy together.......Cheers !

Chris,

You did an impressive job of assembling an awesome group of knives for the Blade Show in a relatively short period of time. Since I handled most of the knives you brought, I can say with certainty that you did not compromise on your impeccable quality in any way to boost production. Each and every one I touched had amazing fit and finish work to compliment your amazing designs. I admire you for maintaining a high standard to make each knife the best it can be.

I came to the Blade Show this year with an open mind that I would find a few knives that would speak to me in some special way. I had no doubt that I would find one or more of your knives in that category. The Raptor I bought from you at the 2015 Blade Show was one of my two favorite purchases last year. With another year of experience under your belt, I knew you were going to have some impressive knives to choose from.

The two that I picked up from you this time were a Raptor in 3/32” CPM 154 SFT with Lightning Strike carbon fiber and an “Unnamed” model in tapered 1/8” CPM 154 with Rosewood burl over natural with a black pinstripe. Both handles feel like they melt in my hand and they are beautiful to boot.

Here are a few photos of them:

[/URL

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/Comprehensivist/media/Blade%20Show%202016/DSC_0122_zpsangq1ib6.jpg.html]

I bought a total of five (5) knives at the show this year. You are the only maker that I bought two knives from. That is not an accident or a snub to any of the others. It just shows how highly I think of your craftsmanship. I look forward to seeing what ideas are next for you. You have a bright future ahead if you stay on the trajectory you are on.

Thanks again for your part in making this a great Blade Show experience for me.

Phil

Hey Chris,
Good speaking with you at Blade this year. As those above have mentioned, your selection of knives and their quality was exceptional. I actually left the show disappointed that I didn't pick up a Blade from you. I shall remedy that soon.

Phil, those two knives are gorgeous! Great choices.

Alright Chris, I'm glad you had a successful show and picked up a couple of dealers. Although, this may make it more difficult to land a blade from you any time soon ;)

Take care,
Sergio

Thanks for sharing the pics and post. I'm loving the Hunter that I managed to score remotely via Instagram. The handle and overall balance kick butt!

You are Welcome! It pays to Follow me on Instagram. I am Glad I could Help out the guy's who could'nt make it to the show.

Thanks for sharing Chris! I'm glad you had such a successful show. Wish I could have been there. That Raptor with the blue pinstripe in my favorite of the batch I think.

Thank you Odaon, You should try and come out next Year, you wont regret it. I thought that one turned out pretty awesome myself!

Glad we could make the scene at Blade Show Chris. Susan & I are grateful that we were able to pic up several beauties from your table. Exciting to see that you are ready to kick things up another notch, it will be interesting to see how you put that pail of quench oil to the test. Don't forget that we are putting a nice bottle aside for you & Elena to enjoy together.......Cheers !

Peter, I am Glad that You an SUsan were able to come by My table and pick up some of my knives as well as put your Hands on 98% of my line-up. I also enjoyed your and Susans company During and After the Show. I will remind Elena, we are looking Foward too it! The Parks 50 and W2 have been calling my name fore awhile. :thumbup::D

Chris,

You did an impressive job of assembling an awesome group of knives for the Blade Show in a relatively short period of time. Since I handled most of the knives you brought, I can say with certainty that you did not compromise on your impeccable quality in any way to boost production. Each and every one I touched had amazing fit and finish work to compliment your amazing designs. I admire you for maintaining a high standard to make each knife the best it can be.

I came to the Blade Show this year with an open mind that I would find a few knives that would speak to me in some special way. I had no doubt that I would find one or more of your knives in that category. The Raptor I bought from you at the 2015 Blade Show was one of my two favorite purchases last year. With another year of experience under your belt, I knew you were going to have some impressive knives to choose from.

The two that I picked up from you this time were a Raptor in 3/32” CPM 154 SFT with Lightning Strike carbon fiber and an “Unnamed” model in tapered 1/8” CPM 154 with Rosewood burl over natural with a black pinstripe. Both handles feel like they melt in my hand and they are beautiful to boot.

Here are a few photos of them:

[/URL

[URL=http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/Comprehensivist/media/Blade%20Show%202016/DSC_0122_zpsangq1ib6.jpg.html]

I bought a total of five (5) knives at the show this year. You are the only maker that I bought two knives from. That is not an accident or a snub to any of the others. It just shows how highly I think of your craftsmanship. I look forward to seeing what ideas are next for you. You have a bright future ahead if you stay on the trajectory you are on.

Thanks again for your part in making this a great Blade Show experience for me.

Phil

Phil,
It was a Pleasure to meet you again and meet your wife. I am honored that you picked up more than one knife from me and that you hold my work in such high regards, With a year under me belt since the first time we meet as well as being my second time behind a table meeting customers in person, I was quite more relaxed. I really appreciate that you and countless other customer notice and appreciate my commitment to a high standard of quality. You should have seen what I started out with, I believe the number was 52 by the end of the process I was down to 31. I canned about half a dozen or more knives because they didnt meet my standards and a handful more that I just didnt have time to finish. I intend maintaining the same standards you have come to appreciate and expect while looking for was to expand my production cababilities and Developing new designs.
I decided to go with the name you suggested the Trail Hand on the un-named model, I will update the Model list soon. I am also looking foward to reading what you post about the knives you picked up Your reviews on I have read are always comprehensive and very techinical.

Hey Chris,
Good speaking with you at Blade this year. As those above have mentioned, your selection of knives and their quality was exceptional. I actually left the show disappointed that I didn't pick up a Blade from you. I shall remedy that soon.

Phil, those two knives are gorgeous! Great choices.

Alright Chris, I'm glad you had a successful show and picked up a couple of dealers. Although, this may make it more difficult to land a blade from you any time soon ;)

Take care,
Sergio

Sergio,

It was Great to meet you too, and I enjoy being able to connect a Face with the screen name.
I wish I had more time to get to know everyone on an individul basis, I am sure we will be able to get a knife that speaks to you in your hand in the near future.
we will be in touch. I hope you can make it out to Track Rock or Blade Show again Next year!

Back