Blades & Bourbon

I don't have any onhand; but I'm definitely a fan of the RRSB. My first sampling may have been pre-release during a Wild Turkey distillery visit over a decade ago. I finally tried the small batch & found it to be lacking...not all that surprising considering the difference in ABV

vUZhMTi.jpg

I don't have any onhand; but I'm definitely a fan of the RRSB. My first sampling may have been pre-release during a Wild Turkey distillery visit over a decade ago. I finally tried the small batch & found it to be lacking...not all that surprising considering the difference in ABV
IMO, the best 10 years old Bourbon, one can find under $40, available almost everywhere, is the 10YO RR, love it.

funny seeing all the Russells - I picked up a Single Barrel bottle over the holiday weekend.
also grabbed a Penelope Barrel Proof and a bottle of Benchmark Top Floor.
I was suprised with the Top Floor and will try the other new bottles that Benchmark is putting out. for 15 bucks it's one of the best budget bottles I've had

was suprised with the Top Floor and will try the other new bottles that Benchmark is putting out. for 15 bucks it's one of the best budget bottles I've had
I didn't try the Top Floor yet, but I also like some of the Benchmarks. They are the same BT Mash, only a year or two younger than the actual Buffalo Trace.
Not bad for the price for sure... :thumbsup:

Up for 27 hrs, crashed for 3...now wide awake. Since I was just waking up at the time, I started with a bit of Buffalo Trace...then I broke open a bottle of 1920. The price is actually down a little, making it even harder to resist. No knife pictured; but my ever-present pup went for the photobomb
View attachment 2407765
The unpictured knife is a 3.25" blue/bronze SHF Plague Doctor

11:30 last night... 😎 We couldn't get together with my "Bourbon Buddies" so we did a "man cave" online,
watching a same movie. I was touching up my MT Troodon while watching so it's not in the picture.
Cheers Gents, hope everyone had a restful weekend !

Amn2mn.jpg

Up for 27 hrs, crashed for 3...now wide awake. Since I was just waking up at the time, I started with a bit of Buffalo Trace...then I broke open a bottle of 1920. The price is actually down a little, making it even harder to resist. No knife pictured; but my ever-present pup went for the photobomb
View attachment 2407765
The unpictured knife is a 3.25" blue/bronze SHF Plague Doctor
I feel like OF is underappreciated, at least in this area.
The 'regular' 86 proof is always available, while the others, such as the 1920, 1910, etc. are a little tougher to find, but don't dissappear quite so fast that I can usually grab a couple of them over a a few weeks when they are here.

I do have a single barrel and a 117 Series Warehouse H that I was lucky to grab when I was in Louisville - I haven't opened either yet, but looking forward to it. I tasted several of their single barrels when I was there and really enjoyed them all.

IMO, the best 10 years old Bourbon, one can find under $40, available almost everywhere, is the 10YO RR, love it.

I like Russell's Reserve too but you'll have a hard time finding a bottle of RRSB in the SF Bay Area priced at less than $70.

For example, you can currently buy a bottle of regular RR10 for $46 and a bottle of RR Single Barrell for $70 at Blackwell's in SF, which generally has very competitive prices for bourbon/scotch the SF Bay Area.

Back