Blades & Bourbon

What an unexpected find!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Just bought a case (12 bottles) of Eagle Rare 10 for $50/bottle at a hole in the wall liquor store down the street from a movie theater that I had to go to to see "Freud's Last Session" (2023) because it was the only theater showing the movie w/in 50 miles of my home.

iuWuVmD.jpg

This is in addition to the 8 bottles (that I paid more for) that were already sitting in the wine rack in my storage closet at home.

Now I can actually drink some. Hope I still like it. I haven't had a drink of Eagle 10 in a couple of years. LOL! 😉

Correction: I miscounted and apparently I previously had 13 bottles of Eagle Rare 10 on hand and, after drinking 1, I now have 2 full cases (24 bottles) of Eagle Rare 10 on hand. The question is whether to to back to that store to buy the rest they have or to wait until I drink down to 12. 🤷‍♂️

Decisions, decisions . . . LOL! ;)

Happened to be in the area, so I stopped by the liquor store where I bought that case of Eagle Rare 10 to see if they had any more left.

They did. They had 3 more left and I bought them for the same price - $49.99 per.

Just opened 1 of them. That leaves me w/2 more before I have to worry about breaking a case. ;)

hfw0wLg.jpg

Last edited:
What did you think of the Longbranch? (I bought a bottle a few years ago & wasn't a fan; though, at this point, I don't recall what I found off-putting)

I'm liking it so far. This is the first time I've had it. It has a bit of a different character to it than WT 101, more sweetness and oak finish. Nice alternative to one of my regulars, Knob Creek 9, when I want something different.

That is a brand I have not heard of.
Awesome photos on your ig page.
Thanks. Chris Ledoux was a famous cowboy singer songwriter. And the real deal. He was World Champion Saddle Bronc rider in 1976. Sadly he passed away in 2005. His son Ned is continuing his legacy and is an excellent singer songwriter himself as well as doing some of his father’s songs. He can on occasion sound eerily like his father.

I’d not heard of the whiskey either until that night.

Thanks. Chris Ledoux was a famous cowboy singer songwriter. And the real deal. He was World Champion Saddle Bronc rider in 1976. Sadly he passed away in 2005. His son Ned is continuing his legacy and is an excellent singer songwriter himself as well as doing some of his father’s songs. He can on occasion sound eerily like his father.

I’d not heard of the whiskey either until that night.
I wondered if it was his. I recall seeing him ride broncs. Interesting. I will check him out
What was your impression of the whiskey?

Back