• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BM Griptilian scales custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got some of igorded's scales this week. Ordered then on the 2nd, they arrived on the 25th with most of that time being in shipping.

I absolutely love them. They are thin and grippy, but most importantly the G10 gets rid of that hollow sound/feel of the stock handles. I also love that I was able to get it without the left hand clip holes and lanyard to match my personal carry style.

TOvdOcG.jpg

5p0OfCb.jpg

QSBz4Ey.jpg

Just got some of igorded's scales this week. Ordered then on the 2nd, they arrived on the 25th with most of that time being in shipping.

I absolutely love them. They are thin and grippy, but most importantly the G10 gets rid of that hollow sound/feel of the stock handles. I also love that I was able to get it without the left hand clip holes and lanyard to match my personal carry style.

TOvdOcG.jpg

5p0OfCb.jpg

QSBz4Ey.jpg
Looks great! The side that is "grooved"...is it flat or does the G10 have some contour to it? I'm trying to decide what I want for my 550.

Looks great! The side that is "grooved"...is it flat or does the G10 have some contour to it? I'm trying to decide what I want for my 550.
Both sides are grooved with the same pattern. You can see it clearly in the flat on presentation shot (second pic). It provides nice grip without grabbing too much when putting it in the pocket.

I have a couple deep carry clips coming in from Benchmade and will try those out, but honestly with this knife, I may actually end up preferring the standard clip.

By far, the best part of these new scales is the new weight distribution. It feels totally different in hand and when deploying and it is an beautiful thing!

Both sides are grooved with the same pattern. You can see it clearly in the flat on presentation shot (second pic). It provides nice grip without grabbing too much when putting it in the pocket.

I have a couple deep carry clips coming in from Benchmade and will try those out, but honestly with this knife, I may actually end up preferring the standard clip.

By far, the best part of these new scales is the new weight distribution. It feels totally different in hand and when deploying and it is an beautiful thing!

Thanks for clarifying. So are the scales flat or are they "crowned"? I have a set of his black G10 (orange liners), but with the Anso pattern, on my other Griptilian. They are fantastic! Definitely need a set on the new one.

Thanks for clarifying. So are the scales flat or are they "crowned"? I have a set of his black G10 (orange liners), but with the Anso pattern, on my other Griptilian. They are fantastic! Definitely need a set on the new one.
Here is another picture that might illustrate it a bit better. To answer your question, there is a very slight crown and the edges are rounded off. As you can see, compared to the stock scales, the G10 ones are noticeably slimmer.

OkXYnda.jpg

Last edited:
Bought some scales from Igor and couldn’t be happier. Quick responses to emails were greatly appreciated and the fit and finish are great!

Had to head up to work but I will upload pics when home. :thumbsup:

fbojbBL.jpg

Not the best pic but good enough...

The scales are a big improvement over the stock ones. It makes the knife feel more sturdy and I prefer the slimmer feel.

Only regret is that I didn't get the TI clips when I ordered.

Thanks Igor!

Not the best pic but good enough...

The scales are a big improvement over the stock ones. It makes the knife feel more sturdy and I prefer the slimmer feel.

Only regret is that I didn't get the TI clips when I ordered.

Thanks Igor!

I absolutely love that black with blue accents look -- but I am a bit bias. ;-)

What is the best way to get ahold of some of these? Just eBay? (Sorry, I didn't read through the whole thread...)

Thinking about getting some scales for my bm 710.

Igor could you post some pics if your work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back