BM Mini Rukus clip transplant

Yeah, we all heard the Rukus' pocket clip stinks, but not mine!:) My buddy gave me a Kershaw clip he had. Kershaw clip on a Benchmade?! :eek: I don't care. The clip fits my hand perfectly now. The bent part at the front sits on the pad right under my index and middle fingers making it very comfortable. The carry is a little high now, about 3/16" higher, but it gives better purchase to the knife. I may grind off the old holes in the clip but for now I'm leaving it. All in all, I'm stoked to carry this baby now. What a great, great knife. I just may have to get the big brother after all! :D :thumbup::thumbup:

7852175-ed3.JPG

--
Splat

Late, but better than never. Here she be:
7858401-876.JPG

and riding the pocket:
7858407-b0d.JPG

Last edited:
Nice job (too bad its not a black clip). Did you have to drill and tap new holes in the knife, or just new holes in the clip so that it would fit the existing ones in the handle? I can't figure out why companies like BM don't make a line of low-carry (or at least alternate) clips for their knives. Probably so guys like STR can stay in business I guess.. :thumbup:

Nice job (too bad its not a black clip). Did you have to drill and tap new holes in the knife, or just new holes in the clip so that it would fit the existing ones in the handle? I can't figure out why companies like BM don't make a line of low-carry (or at least alternate) clips for their knives. Probably so guys like STR can stay in business I guess.. :thumbup:

Thanks! What's nice is I didn't modify the knife at all. I drilled holes in the clip, found some 1/4" 2-56 screws and made them just the right length. I also put washers under the clip for support since BM mortises that area for their clip. All in all, I'm happy... but I'd be happier with a black clip. :)

Looks great man!

If I end up getting a 615 I will keep this in mind...as the only downfall I see with the knife is the clip. Again, nice job.

Thanks baz4life! Since swapping out the clip I've NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA complaints about my Mini Rukus. :D The Kershaw clip is just firm enough to keep it pocketed, but still easy to pull out. It ain't black, but that'll be remedied this week. :)

Sorry for digging up this thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Does anyone know if this clip will work on the Mini Rukus? It looks like it might.

Sorry for digging up this thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Does anyone know if this clip will work on the Mini Rukus? It looks like it might.

It's hard to tell. They don't give the length between the screw holes.
--
Splat

Back