'board Bust'n Buck

It was the day after Christmas and the empty boxes reached to the ceiling of the breezeway. The sun was shining and the wind was calm so I decided it was a good time for a trip to the burning barrel. After carrying out a half dozen loads, I looked around for something to cut the boxes into pieces that would fit into the 55 gallon barrel.
The first thing that I found was a Buck 112 that had recently returned from the factory after being refitted with a new BG-42 blade. I had serious reservations about one knife being up to the task of reducing the mountain of cardboard to smaller dimensions. There was some really tough stuff, including two double wall, 200 psi rated numbers that had contained leather covered chairs.
I jumped in and wailed away. A half hour later the last of the pile was merrily blazing away and the Buck was barely even breathing hard. The blade wasn’t quite as “scary sharp” as when it had arrived from Buck, but a few passes on a soft Arkansas and a leather strop had it “pop’n hairs” again.
No doubt about it, the best bang for the buck is still a Buck.
Racer Roy :D

KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT SHARED IS LOST.

In a reply to a copy of this post in the Buck Forum, CJ Buck gives the credit to Paul Bos for developing the heat treat that turns BG-42 into a tiger! :D Racer Roy

KNOWLEDGE IS NEITHER CREATED NOR DESTROYED....IT IS ONLY LOST, THEN REDISCOVERED.

Back