Bob Dozier Review

frantium,
i love ag russel! i go there on a regular basis.im convinced now,he's gonna get an order from me,but im gonna buy one from Ogg Knives first
biggrin.gif
.know exactly what i wasnt,too.

never met ag himself,but the people tere are very friendly.i keep asking to see kives,and allison just keeps on handing 'em to me.love that place.wonder if they'd hire me to sweep floors or something....(better than my current job)

Hoodoo
wink.gif
... forgot to tell that Bob also signed a photo of him and me taken at ECCKS here in NYC last March.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Next knife show I will remember to bring my 35mm camera along with the digital camera.

------------------
2d_edge

My Knives Photos

"There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation."

Wasn't sure exactly what to expect since I do not mess much with fixed blades, but my Dozier Agent arrived today and just blew me away! This looks like it will be a handy all-purpose knife. I got the crossdraw sheath and the knife fits perfectly. Easy to draw and easy to sheath, while retaining the knife well. I really like the blade shape and the handle fits like a glove for me. It may need more grip. but I'll have to see once I use it. All in all very pleased. Knew the folders were great, and now feel the same about the fixed blade!

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

Maurice,

Yeah, Allison is the best, I don't know where she got the patience when I kept asking those stupid questions all those years. Paul Basch is another man to meet there. AG is the man with thick glasses. There was also another guy who used to work for Bob, but I don't remember his name. Pay a very good attention to their Cutting Edge and their consignment stuff. Paul Basch is a very good appraisal for custom knives, but with all due respect, he's not so good with factories. Once in a while, you'll get excellent deals. Good people, superb warranty.

I have owned several of Bob's pieces and currently have three. I was able to use them earlier in the week to skin and butcher up a WT deer.
smile.gif

I had the Pro Skinner, Pro Guide, and Elk Hunter (larger sized one) out for comparison tests. The Pro Skinner feels the best in my hands with the finger grooves. The Elk Hunter , I would rate the highest for general butchering uses. To my surprize it worked the best for filleting the white sheathing off of on the ends of large muscles.

Bob's D2 is great stuff. I touched them up lightly on the flat part of the white ceramic Sharpmaker 204 triangular stones and it was hair popping once again.
smile.gif
I perfer the vertical sheaths over the cross draw. I am lefthanded so I like to carry my fixed blades on the opposite side of my rifle (RH sheaths for fixed blades). Ony draw back is it can be difficult to sit down depending on the length of the FB. Thats why I like dangler sheaths which very FEW people make.
frown.gif

BTW, I didn't skin the deer with my Doz's, but my 4" D2 Mel Sorg/Madpoet w/ swinger sheath. I had vowed to break it in last year but got skunked....LOL. Desert ironwood scales with a oil finish never slipped in my hands and was very comfortable. A little hard to get more of the Sorg's. I hope Mel was smiling.
smile.gif

For the $, the Dozier knives are reasonable priced, great Kydex sheaths, and are ready to be used/abuse like ALL knives should be. Very good F&F as a general rule, grinds are pretty consistant, and edge geometry is fine for cutting meats. I have my eye on a few more of Bob's knives in the future.

Thanks for the thumbs above Brian, and 2d_edge (like I needed MORE temptations!).
wink.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

The Companion I picked up has an excellent edge as do most any of Bob's knives you might happen to buy, and the D2 does hold a very good edge in my opinion. The Companion has a great blade shape that I'm partial to, almost a wharncliffe style blade but just a little rise near the tip. The one I have has dark walnut scales, which is also a departure from Bob's normal lineup......
Can't say I'm crazy over Bob's sheaths though, I might be sending this one to Normark for his special touch....

companion.jpg

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 11-24-2000).]

Back