Boker Plus Colubris

It'll be worth the wait, Derek.
All of my Boker knives have been of excellent quality. From my CLB Hyper to my Burnley Kwaiken.
Great Job Boker. Thanks Terry.
rolf

Can someone post an image of the sheath?

boker%20plus%20colubris%2002bo055.JPG

Looks to be identical to the one that comes with the originals.

The Boker Plus Colubris should be a winner considering it'll sell for probably less than $100! I like the texturing on the handle and Boker makes a good 440C.

It looks almost identical to the American Kami Colubris by DJ Urbanovsky but with 440C instead of S35VN. Of course, those sell for $350!

American Kami Colubris Knife Fixed Blade w/ OD Green G10 (4" Stonewash)
dj-urbanovsky-colubris-od-green.jpg

Boker Plus Colubris Fixed Blade Knife (4.29" Stonewashed Plain)
boker-plus-colubris.jpg

The Boker Plus Colubris should be a winner considering it'll sell for probably less than $100! I like the texturing on the handle and Boker makes a good 440C.

It looks almost identical to the American Kami Colubris by DJ Urbanovsky but with 440C instead of S35VN. Of course, those sell for $350!

American Kami Colubris Knife Fixed Blade w/ OD Green G10 (4" Stonewash)
dj-urbanovsky-colubris-od-green.jpg

Boker Plus Colubris Fixed Blade Knife (4.29" Stonewashed Plain)
boker-plus-colubris.jpg

That's because it's basically the same knife. Boker licences designs from a lot of custom makers. It's a common practice with many knife companies.

That's because it's basically the same knife. Boker licences designs from a lot of custom makers. It's a common practice with many knife companies.

Of course. I was illustrating how closely the Boker Plus Colubris matches the much more expensive but very similar-looking American Kami Colubris and thus the relative bargain.

This is an interesting point. I know I like it a lot when a collaboration is such a close copy. Some knifemakers go for a production version that's more inspired by than copied. Still can be a good knife. But it takes some self-confidence for the maker to allow the production model to encroach that closely on the original.

Of course when you look at any of DJ's knives, you know he's got self-confidence! :)

But where? I've checked all the usual places and nothing. Methinks it a ruse!

BladeHQ has it in their Coming Soon category and I'm on the notification list for that knife so I'll post as soon as I hear.

I'm really hoping New Graham gets them in tomorrow or early Saturday, in which case I will be one happy boy.

Is anyone from Boker maintaining a presence here? If so, are they forwarding this info to the people at the other end? I wants me a Colubris Boker! NAOW!!!

(Seriously though, can't wait.)

;)

Back