boker plus mosier

i just ordered a new boker plus mosier.i love the choice of blade steel,handle material,and the overall size.i havent seen one in hand though,and i was wondering if anybody has any pics of one.also,it says that the sheath is nylon,but is it good nylon,or bad nylon? any help on this would be much appreciated.thanx:confused:

Sorry I don't have pics of mine in hand. I really like mine. However, mine came with a well-formed Kydex sheath, not nylon.

There is a pretty good review on Youtube. Also, the sheath is Kydex, pretty tight fitting by the looks of it. I've read several reviews of the 2010 Boker line up and they are all great. But all of them remark that the Kydex sheath is really tight fitting and needed to be heated up and streached to make it fit better.

oh,ok.i ordered it from yourcornerstore and they said it was nylon.i guess it mustve been a misprint.thanx guys,that helps alot. ive got a heatgun,so i can heat mine up and stretch it a little to make it not so tight.i love kydex sheaths,i think all fixed blades should come with kydex.its the best sheath material in my opinion.

I'm a little late to the party, but I Just noticed this thread and snapped some pix of the Boker Plus Trigonaut next to a Mosier custom Trigonaut to post here.

David Mosier's table is a regular stop for me each year at the BLADE Show, and this year I was fortunate to be standing there chatting with David when the Boker rep arrived with the Boker Trigonaut proto in hand. After chatting with them and watching David's pleased reaction to the production version and handling it myself, I immediately pre-ordered one through David. :)

Mine arrived razor sharp and as it is considerably lighter than the custom version, it makes a nice necker. Boker's version is also much slimmer, due to a thinner steel stock and much thinner G-10 handle slabs. Other than that they are almost identical. :thumbup: The sheath is snug, but not so snug that I can't quickly draw the knife, and as a necker, I like that it will never fall out accidentally.

After watching a video review on youtube, I noticed that the reviewer stated that the handle was micarta. It looks like micarta, but I seem to recall David stating that the handle is two-tone G-10. Also, it does not come with a TekLok, but the sheath is set up for this. Luckily, David noticed this and asked me if I wanted one for it. :thumbup:

Here's some side by side shots of them together...

Mosier_Boker-Trigonauts5.jpg

Mosier_Boker-Trigonauts2.jpg

Mosier_Boker-Trigonauts4.jpg

Mosier_Boker-Trigonauts3.jpg

Mosier_Boker-Trigonauts1.jpg

It's a great little knife, and one of my favorite smaller Mosier fixed blade designs. :thumbup:

wow,those are both stunning knives,thanx man,that was really helpful.now im even more excited to get it: )

Thanks for the pics. I too watched the vid at youtube and wondered how the production version compared to the custom one. Your info cleared up this decision. Big fan of David Mosier's work!!!

Can you take a pic of the knife -with it in your hand... for size comparrison.? Thanks

im still waiting on my mosier and 2 krein pocket bowies from the store on the corner.what a pain in the butt

wel,i got the pocket bowies and im very happy with them,so i guess it will be worth the wait.

Stock is 3/16", but it gets thinner at the grinds obviously.
Terry

What is the Rc hardness of the blade?

Does Boker somehow verify that the metal is indeed Sandvic? The only reason I ask is because some posters on other forums tend to bring up this question.

Thanks.

Romans 6: So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Back