Boker Plus Vox Rold????

I recently picked up this knife as I have been a fan of Vox knives for years, but never owned one - this knife inparticular. When I found out Boker was making the design I had to get one (good design - cheap). Over all the knife seems nicely built, with some minor cosmetic flaws, but nothing that wasn't expected due to it being mass produced rather than custom made. I do, however have one major complaint. I know that distribution of this knife was delayed due to the kydex sheaths not being ready and I can tell that whomever made them was in a hurry... they stink. I've seen shoddy kydex before, but not from a major knife company like Boker. The kydex is so stiff that the knife can barely get out of the sheath and requires the strength of Atlas. Also, resheathing the knife while on your belt is next to impossible. The grommets don't match up with the tek-lok :grumpy: and the blade is getting scratched up from sheathing/unsheathing it only several times. Terrible worksmanship IMHO. Just be aware if purchasing this knife, that you will undoubtedly need some custom Kydex or another sheath.

On a positive note, the Boker Plus Vox Rold fits nicely in a short Specs Ops sheath ;) .

Sad about the OEM molded sheaths. They were blamed for some of the slowed deliveries, too. I was not impressed with Boker or Boker Plus molded Kydex sheaths I had received. I did get around this last summer when I bought my Boker Plus Rhino - I got the stag handled version, then only available from A.G. Russell, but now in the latest Boker catalog. It comes with a decent leather sheath!

Stainz

Sorry about the sheaths, they have been an ongoing issue. Production has changed and the problems will be taken care of.
Terry

Sorry about the sheaths, they have been an ongoing issue. Production has changed and the problems will be taken care of.
Terry

Is the bad sheath covered under warranty? Mine has the same problem to the point it's unusable.

Hey Guys

So the conclusion is that there will be a replacement kydex sheath available soon from Boker ? Love the knife... not the sheath

vkr
Voxrold/Denmark

The new sheath has been circulating for a very long time now. Much better mold and fit. Belt loop on it is nice too.

Back