boker top lock

What is your opion about the automatic version of the top lock?
I foud them in a shop and i found them nice. What about the locking system? The blade quality?

Thanks.

Like it - a lot. :)

But didn't like it first at all. It had too much blade play.

Also it was impossible to take it apart - the screws were stuck.
Because I've tried opening it, the guarantee had gone. :( So said the seller.

I wrote to Boker directly and they promised to repair it for free.
And so they did :) :)

Now it's next to perfect and I'm keen to it! I grab it with me quite (well, in fact very) often.

Lock is thight and solid - I think it will pass these "spine whak tests" with flying colours. (Sort of a cylinder is between the back of the blade and frame of the knife in open position.)

I wouldn't worry about the blade steel - at least it is enough for me. But spare blades (ATS-34 and so) are sold here and there. To name an example, in ToolShop (http://www.tool-shop.com). Great place, no shipping costs inside EU!

But be sure to get original Speed Lock, not one of these "manual-to-automatic" Top Lock versions.

Yeah, what Tuhkis said. The Top Locks are made of 420 Stainless, and the Rc is around 54-55. I would like to get an actual Speedlock someday, but for now, a converted Top Lock will have to do. I dropped a ProTech spring in it, and WOW:eek: it fires! I think the finish on these is very good, and I just love the design! Very classy looking, IMHO.

DD

Back