Boker Tucan & German Knife Laws

SpySmasher

Lead Guitar
I was reading Knife News' article on the new Wilfried Gorski-designed Tucan, which features an interesting 2-step-but one-handed opening mechanism. I appreciate a unique opener, as much as any other aspect of folding knife design so I am interested in this rather nice-looking Gent's EDC. Since it doesn't have a thumb stud or flipper tab it has a really clean look and since I'm a suburban box-opener and not a mall ninja, the two-step opening process doesn't bother me one bit.

What has me puzzled, though, is the following statement from the article:

Knife News said:
The Tucan’s hybrid opening method creatively conforms to strict knife law in Böker and Gorski’s native Germany. Controversial 2008 legislation states that in order to qualify for legal public carry, a knife must either be one-hand opening but non-locking, or locking and two-handed opening. This is what makes the Tucan different from other innovative openers like the CRKT Fulcrum 2, which remains a one-hand opening, locking knife.

They then post a video of a guy opening the knife with one hand. Is this really going to fool some German cop? Anyone have any insight into how this knife skirts Germany's "no one-handed opening, locking knives" law?

Back