Bolke's Edged Weapons Seminar

I, too, caught the Mike Ajax thread over in Tactical Forums before it was deleted and this post isn’t about MA but, rather, about the logic and maturity of some who use the Net.

See if you can follow this hypothetical situation:

1. Billy Bob says he is a 15th degree black belt in Snail Darter Fu.
2. The Snail Darter Fu Association hears of Billy Bob’s claim and checks its records. There is no record of a “Billy Bob” attaining that rank. They ask Billy Bob to contact them to verify his rank.
3. Billy Bob’s sycophants rush to his defense with such logic as “The Snail Darter Association is a bunch of fags” (Remember that childhood retort – “takes one to know one”, eh?), “who are they to question Billy Bob’s rank?” (They’re the governing body for such rank. The onus in on Billy Bob to prove his rank, not the Association), “Billy Bob knows what he did” (No kidding! No one is saying Billy Bob has amnesia, just that his rank is in question), “Billy Bob doesn’t have to prove anything” (No he doesn’t. However, until such time as he proves his rank to the Association, his rank will be in question) and “it’s easy to hide behind a keyboard” (Kind of like Billy Bob hiding behind an alias? )

Changing subjects - I would like to thank Carpe for his posting information about the seminar for all of us poor SOBs that couldn’t get attend. Makes me really want to attend the next one! Time to start saving those pennies.

I will now revert back to my childhood training in “duck and cover” and go back to lurking.

Reductio ad absurdum

To all of you that missed the seminar, you have no idea what you missed out on, you HAVE to be at the next event.

It was a pleasure meating those of you on here in person at last. Nyeti put on a first class seminar and although he has said he would do some things differently, he can be very proud of what he achieved.

I'll look forward to the next one, but will I survive 4 days ? :eek:

For those of you at the knife gig?don?t worry. I probably won?t use profanity?.. probably?
Okay?.
Regarding Mike Ajax; Drop it!
This man is my brother. His credentials are first rate. He has ZERO to prove to anyone.
He is not a teacher of civvies and made a special exception as a favor to me.
Regarding peoples? inability to find him on the RSAS web page?.
Get a grip.
Mike has made no claims. If you choose to doubt his ability to teach, that is wonderful. Chances of you attending one of his classes are very slim. Your loss.

This is not some Ninja bullsht.
This is called professionalism.
I know of at least a dozen friends who have left a portion of their past behind by removing name association. Myself included. It?s a tool we unfortunately have to use sometimes.
If your uncomfortable with it

FKOFF!

I?m glad everyone had a good time at Bolke?s ring of death.

Stay very sharp

Mick

Mick--

Well put. Some people just can't take a hint.

"Bolke's Ring of Death"? That has a nice sound to it...;)

And just think! You didn't mention "slamming it into his fxcking spine from the front" once in your whole post!:p :D

SGT Fitts

Ryan,
Hey my brother!! Still sore???!! Listen, you could've been a fly on the wall in my house whe my wife saw the teeth marks..."no honey, really there's just you - oh yeah, and that rabid guy in Chino!!"
Saw the reply on my E.F. Hutton post and thanks for the promo - hope your "friend" back at the ranch was happy to see you. Ahem.

I missed the Mr. M. bs on Tac Forums...it's just as well, I would NOT be too f*cking happy reading trash about him. Anyway, let me know how you're doing and take care.

Respectfully,
JAE

p.s. quick hello to Lance H. and Darryl B.

The next time I do this the Strider and Mike show will be on a LE/Military restricted day, along with some stuff Steve Tarani does that is not appropriate for public consumption. I really hope that my seminar was not the basis for the Mike thing at TF, I never advertised it there because of the rift between one of my instructors and the forum owners. I have been dealing with some very high speed people all of my adult life, because that is who I prefer to train with. I have seen more B.S. floating around gun and knife shows than is imaginable. The forums are worse. I do not know Mike, Mick, Duane, or many others credentials, because I have had enough class not to ask. I get to know these people, and I have learned to tell who is real and who is a fake just through time and interaction. Some of the most heavily credentialed people out there are the biggest blow hard pogues I have ever seen. Real pros are quiet, and they let their actions and experiences speak for themselves. If that is way to grown up for you-go away. This business is far more sensitive than martial arts, where I agree there is a ton of B.S. The real community guys tend to hunt out the b.s. ers on their own without the help of the concerned computer commandos. I really feel bad if what those of us who had the balls to come and train hard with some real players are going to have to worry about what the people sitting at home living someone elses life are going to say. For those of you who actually stepped up to the plate to train with us-Thank You

Joe--

Rabid? Moi?? Hey, lucky for you I've had my shots...:p

Darryl--

Well put as usual dude. Only those with the stones to show up can really say anything...

SGT Fitts

It's really too bad that the bulls.hit of some (probably 16-year old) computer jockey has destroyed any chance of us civvies learning from the pros. Nyeti - I understand completely about making certain portions of your next seminar LE/M only, but I wish you'd reconsider - I think the "restricted" portion of the seminar would be the best "real world" lessons we'd ever get. There's nothing more satisfying than learning from a professional who has BTDT. And, to be honest, when the hell am I EVER going to meet people like that? The only way would be for them to be kind enough to let me into their world, if only for a day. Some things I don't need (deserve?) to know/see. This is cool, and makes sense. I'm not in the weeds on a daily basis. I lead a pretty uneventful life, actually. But, what I CAN be shown would increse my depth of understanding about handling myself in a bad situation exponentially. SO, I'm asking (I refuse to beg. :D) for you to at least think about including us in something we'd be honored to see, and participate in.

I missed this one. I'm hoping I won't miss the next. I'm also hoping it'll be 4 days, and not 3....

Man, I am sure pissed that I couldn't go. After reading it here and talking to Mr. Estrada the other night, I know it must have been a once in a lifetime event. As for the Mike Ajax posts, it never ceases to amaze that all these people that everybody respects talk about how much they respect Mr. Ajax yet one jealous idiot that probably never shouldered a ruck OR kicked in a door wants to spout some BS about someone he never met. I for one will take everybodies word for it and hope I am fortunate enough to make it the next time.

Lewis Christopher

Awesome seminar. I learned a lot in two days, and got a decent workout too. Who would have thought? I saw some phenomenal instructors, all of whom were skilled, knowledgable, and really nice guys. Plus I got to meet Tamishigiri, who is the Terminator incarnate. A little more training like that and I will truly become "the bad man."

I want to thank all of you for giving me a chance to slam n jam a bit @ the seminar..especially Darryl for whom I was the unknown factor in he mix...
I know 4 hours is nothing in the big picture but I do appreciate that people emptied some of what was in their cups to allow me to put something back in...
OK??
The Striders guys are top notch...abliet a bit prone to breaking things..WHOA BOY do they break..."I wanna be a bad man too!"
and Mik is the quiet one?
Duane..thanks for spending time with Rachael in NYC..
Ernie and I already were friends..Ernie was great on the floor..great lead in to impact tool stuff...
Steve Tarani was the consumate instructor..we met for the first time..
hes definately a good one..
Marc CRAFTY DOG Denny? Hey I'm an old Filipino stylist and seeing Crafty was a personal get my rocks off thing..yup hes a been dinged up over the years as he says but a storehouse of common sense in fighting..
Mike Ajax..he's the real deal..and a real person..nuff said

I hope that some of you found the force continuum tool useful...
thats the DRONE of course..

Rob..your knives were a hit there and @ the NYC Show..Tomo shot great photos of them..I'll send you a couple of modifications on the handle sizing..
By the way..Mr Simonich made really stunning fighting tools of my Fixed Blade Gunting designs..
we'll ( Frank n I) get a set of videos up to you Rob!

Again thanks to all of you for giving me a chance to be there..

Bram

Back