Bose Knives

Greg,You must have been handsomly compensated,That is unreal.What is the pattern on that one ? That's gotta be like a Rem. trapper,or a banana ?
-Vince

One of my favorites from a Blade drawing a couple of years ago.
Photo by JPN.
attachment.php

Greg,You must have been handsomly compensated,That is unreal.What is the pattern on that one ? That's gotta be like a Rem. trapper,or a banana ?
-Vince

This knife is a R293 Remington HTT. It was made for the Hunter-Trader-Trapper magazine for a subscribtion drive for 1 year, 1930. For $3.50 you could get the knife and 12 issues of the magazine. It's one of my favorite bullet knives and a very rare one. Yes this is one of the bannana knives.

Someone just recently pried this guy loose from my tightly clenched hands. I cried after the deed was done.
Greg
orig.jpg

The combination of these two blades and trapper handle are fantastic.
-Vince

What was the size of that H-T-T? That is just stunning.

What was the size of that H-T-T? That is just stunning.
From the Bose catalogue :
No.19 R-293 Hunter Trader Trapper
2 blades 5-3/8" or 4" clsd
-Vince

Tony, good to see you here. I'll play. Here's a few of mine.

Ivory single blade by Tony. 440V, 3.5 closed. I'm carrying to today.
closed1w.jpg

open2w.jpg

Here's one I used to carry. I've retired it because I'm afraid of messing it up, but I still like the pattern a lot.
Case 6214 replica. New Zealand red stag, 3.25 closed, ATS34.
tbose6214sm.jpg

My whittling knife. 440V, 3-5/8 closed
tbsway2.jpg

Matching serial number 0 of the 4 inch BP from Reese and Tony:
0trappers2.jpg

All get carried and used except for the pair of 0's. They are too unique. More suited for a museum than a pocket.

Fasteddie, wow! :eek: Lot of great knives in this thread. Thanks to everyone who has posted and to Vince for starting it.

Fasteddie - Double WOW !
-Vince

Great Knives Great thread..love that AG Russel bone on the HTT!
This one is a constant companion
orig.jpg

after I took this I realized she needed a lemon oil rubbdown

Thomason -- you ended up with some great bone on the case ones...did you hand pick or just get lucky. I wish case would do a black micarta user version of the collabs. Do you carry the collabs...if so, which one do you think carries and uses best? BTW...of course, the Reese Single micarta is a great carry knife as well. JT

I guess I just got lucky on the bone. I did not hand pick them. Two I got from a friend who hangs out around here so maybe he picked out some nice ones for me. Of the three Cases, only the muskrat has had any pocket time to speak of.
I like a small knife for pocket carry. So of these, the Reese gets carried most.
It gets the baby treatment though. No rough stuff.

I'm the proud owner of one Tony Bose' knife. I bought it off the table of Les Robertson at Blade Show in 2004. I did stop by Tony's table and asked what he could tell me about the knife. He said it was a knife form back in the 80's and a pattern he didn't make any more. He thought the stag looked great, I had to agree. ;)

56189109.jpg

*Sigh* Someday...

Got a few nice customs just none from Tony or Reese. Great looking knives in this thread!

My favorites so far are the mammoth ivory wharncliffe, the HTT (awesome pattern and amazing bone) and fasteddie's ivory 440V single blade trapper. Wonderful knives.

Most days I have a Reese Bose 3 9/16" closed green linen micarta trapper in my pocket (single clip blade in D2). Wonderful EDC knife - bought it used with a few pits in the blade and spring, so I didn't have the usual "baby it and don't let it get scratched" period to go thru. :p It went right in my pocket with my keys and whatever. Sorry, no pictures right now.

-- Dwight

fasteddie,

Do you still have that ivory handled Bose congress? I'd love to see more pictures of that knife.

Beautiful knives fellas. Thanks for sharing the excellent photos. :thumbup:

I love your knives, the Warnie Trapper is on my "must have" list. But, I was wondering what you typically carry and/or your favorite. Thanks, ft

Back