Box O Goodies Spring '15 Sign-up and Tracking Thread

Its filled up and enroute. I'll get a picture of the stamp they put on the original box. It says the box was damaged opened all that stuff. Either way it's sll good and headed south to LA :)

My wife worked for the postal service for several years. Hearing her work stories made me surprised that more packages didn't get damaged.

Goodies received! And there is a TON of stuff in here!

Me and the misses will dig through it tonight and ill post tomorrow what was taken, along with what was added.

Box will be shipped no later than Friday by noon.

I tried to get a picture of what all was inside.

I especially like the knuckle band aids. :p

Goodies received! And there is a TON of stuff in here!

Me and the misses will dig through it tonight and ill post tomorrow what was taken, along with what was added.

Box will be shipped no later than Friday by noon.

I tried to get a picture of what all was inside.

I especially like the knuckle band aids. :p

Not sure what Grunt took, but I know when it left me there was at least a thing of Mink Oil, an Owlhead knife, and a pen (that's what I can think that's missing from your picture off the top of my head)

A couple of things im unsure about. It looks like the grey circle thing with the screw on the bottom goes around a rifle stock...
And the black kydex thing may be a folding knife sheath?

A couple of things im unsure about. It looks like the grey circle thing with the screw on the bottom goes around a rifle stock...
And the black kydex thing may be a folding knife sheath?

It's a Ruger 10-22 barrel band, goes around the forearm and barrel. Not from me, but I recognize it. The kydex thing may be a spare magazine holder for a semi auto pistol.

I know I put in a large schrade walden folder in a sheath, ams the bird and trout kit. The Schrade, I don't see and hasn't popped up in a photo yet.

Alright fellas. Package is in the Post and on its way to the next recipient.

I thought the Football card was pretty darn funny. :D
"Bo knows, how to get a good laugh!"

Below is what I took along with what I left.
My boy snatched up that Trojan Horse coin real quick!

I left the coins as a gesture of good luck. I recently received a knife that had a coin taped inside the box and after some investigation I found that if you receive a knife as a gift your supposed to "pay" for the knife with a coin or else the sharp blade severs the friendship.
Well, I took a knife so im paying for it with the coins. :thumbup:

HeefageLA,

The box arrived today. I just got in from work and wanted to let everyone know that it arrived safely. I'll make my picks and package the rest up for John.

While waiting I've had time to think about what will go in the box. Since I am the last in the chain and it will head back to John, I've decided to add my own twist. Stay tuned.;)

Is this on it`s way to me?

It is. Tomorrow.

What I took (missing from the photo) was the two Frost Jarbenzas and the small Gerber folder. Everything else went back in the box.

06cf116f0a2f16a001c17f3253015aba_zps5mg3ittj.jpg

I had hoped to get together with you, John, and hand it all off personally but work got in the way for both of us. In the meantime, Stainless 90 had an impromptu giveaway of his own and I happened to win it. As a pay-it-forward I decided to add something little to the box for Hanna.

What I am adding to the box for John is this:

5275685638d9e7ae205a80d303faac3c_zpsbyoomkh0.jpg

One piece of 1/4" X 3" X 12"-ish Brazillian Cherrywood
3 rolls of 3M masking tape to protect his digits from his edges when finishing knives
2 pair of safety glasses so he can keep doing what he does.
1 piece of Flint from Denmark
1 Going Gear ferro rod
My used but functinal charcloth tin.
100 rounds of Winchester XPert .22 hollowpoint ammo (can't mail it so we'll have to get together)

For Hanna, there were a couple polished rocks added by someone along the way so I added a couple more rocks for her. For the time being, she is getting:

40d2b11b6f796a545f4c55dbfef07b7b_zpspota2aij.jpg

First is a Metal Earth Eifel Tower kit that grandpa might have to help with.
1 Hematite
1 Quartz crystal
1 Pyrite
2 pieces of Tennesee Chert that will spark with a flint striker

We can get together sometime next month , this month is a mess. We are spending time with the girls this weekend before they start school, then the next weekend is my birthday.

Can I have that Paracord back ? :p
Just kidding.

I would like to know who put in that green felt knife holder though....
I need to buy about a dozen of those.

Yes Sir! And thank you.

Both knives look wonderful.
Ive already put a heavy coat of Linseed on the Bocote and im going to hide my sons knife tonight so if he goes getting snoopy he wont find it.

I enjoyed the pass around. I'm carrying the little Bear MCC knife - and I mean little - EVERY DAY,
in my "evening" pants. Gave up a Case mini toothpick and got a Bear instead. Good trade.
Some other funs stuff too in there. Thanks for letting me play. :cool:

My step dad is loving that case right now I don't know if any of his other knives have even seen his pocket since I gave it to him.

My step dad is loving that case right now I don't know if any of his other knives have even seen his pocket since I gave it to him.

:D - That's what it's all about. Glad for him. It is a great little knife.

Back