Branton Knives "Next Gen" Brend Hatchet!!!

Upon returning from CA today, I was pleasantly surprised to find a UPS package from Bobby Branton.

Upon opening the box, I unsheathed his "Next Gen" Brend Hatchet, with a longer handle than the original and a modified leading edge. This is easily the nicest integral construction Tomahawk I have ever held...well balanced, formidable length, and absolutley perfect execution. This is a serious tool and would serve any Soldier, Marine, and EMT/Rescue professional extremely well.

The ONLY thing that prevented me from throwing it was its perfect finish and its serial number.

Bobby's "Next Gen" re-design of the original is a winner and I am blown away by his quality on this piece...it is worth at least twice its price. It is pictured below above the "Standard" model, which is Walter Brend's original design, as initially released by American Tomahawk some years ago. Bobby applied some "slight" mods to the original one as well to enhance strength and comfort...but his "Next Gen", in my opinion, SMOKES the original hands down.

Check out www.brantonknives.com for more details.

bb3a.jpg

...Much better than the "original", but is he going to offer bolt-on (G-10?) scales for it?...That would make an excellent hatchet even better.

All I could find on his site was news piece saying it would be ready for delivery around 9/1/05. Any info on price, type of steel, sheath, etc? I looks like a nice extraction tool to keep in the truck.
Bob

Back