Recommendation? Broken Raffir handle

Hi mates

I recently bought a Chaparral Raffir which scuffed awfully choil against liner, so I disassembled it in order to clean and oil, just in case. When reassembling, a chunk of the handle popped off and I need to glue it. Could you recommend me a glue that won't "craze" (is that the right word?), I mean that will keep being transparent once dry?

Thanks for your help!

PS. Sub par Chaparral, really

I would ask this in the knife maker section of the forum if I were you... I have used gflex which is superb for handle adhesion but I don't know if it's really transparent or not, haven't paid much attention.

Thanks so much. I will try. It's really a small round piece, around 4mm, but it spoils the handle appearance.
Regards!

The word I believe you were looking for is "haze", which in this case means to cloud over, or loss of transparency.

There are several 2 part epoxies you can use, that remain completely clear. I use Devcon 2-part in my knife making-to secure the handle scales. And it remains transparent. If you research several on Amazon, you can search for which products claim to stay clear & also read the reviews. I would absolutely choose a 2-part for the strength.

Back