Broken Spartan blade

hi everybody , looking for some help, I have a cold steel Spartan , the blade snapped straight across the eye of the blade, is it possible to get a replacement blade, any info welcome,

What did Cold Steel say when you contacted them? Contacting the manufacturer was your first step correct?

I don't know what Cold Steel will do, but the first step on a knife forum is to include a photo of the break and a macro photo of the grain structure of the break, along with a description of the activity that led to the break.

Welcome.

Are you sure it’s authentic?

hi everybody , looking for some help, I have a cold steel Spartan , the blade snapped straight across the eye of the blade, is it possible to get a replacement blade, any info welcome,
Hi there J dog ! :) And Welcome ! ✌️

Do you also go by the name Joe X on youtube ? ;)

Assuming your knife was genuine Cold Steel , breaking a Spartan should not be easy in normal use .

Cold Steel might replace the entire knife . Otherwise I don't know of any way to just buy a blade .

You can post a pic (or three) , so we could maybe tell if it's fake or real . You have to use a hosting site like postimages.org .

Also , please tell us where you got it and how it got broken .

Last edited:
I want one again someday, it's on the list. Especially a non-serrated in SV35. Wouldn't mind an AUS-10 either.

I can't imagine breaking a Spartan blade. Unless it's a fake. This is very unusual

I can't imagine breaking a Spartan blade. Unless it's a fake. This is very unusual
Yea, it's quite a chunk of steel. I used to have an original AUS-8 and that thing was a tank... I know it was real because it was one of the originals long before the fakes started coming out..

Last edited:
Yea, it's quite a chunk of steel. I used to have to original AUS-8 and that thing was a tank... I know it was real because it was one of the originals long before the fakes started coming out..
There's a place that sells these it's somewhere in the middle. Recently it was on sale for $30. And that was for a signature model. I looked the other day and the prices back up to its normal price range. I was going to buy one but I didn't like a fool. You snooze you lose they say

Back