• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bubble Jig [SR] Sight Reference Grinding Systems For Sale

Knife makers have asked me for over a decade: "why did you call this thing a Bubble Jig Fred ?" After many discussions about what constitutes a "jig" I must admit I did a poor job of naming this tool. For this is not a jig at all; it's a sight reference. It allows the grinder to make use of his eyes to reproduce grinds. It doesn't really hold a blade in a fixed position when grinding.
So you'll notice in the thread title that we've added that this is a [SR] sight reference tool and not really a jig.
In retrospect I wish I had spent more time choosing a name, but like many things in life, it just happened as I was trying my best to make it a productive day.
Regards, Fred

Notice: We've had some issues with Paypal keeping track of inventory incorrectly lately, so if you've received a Sold Out message when trying to order, please try again now. We do have stock available, and I'm not sure how long it has been reporting it as sold out, so I apologize for the inconvenience. It should be working now though.

AM-JKLUejOVo3LQ2v8HPIHuzoD5Av_QlJklYXbTB7SoFGvUdHhfi1hGWrO7CA1OjAjnvdhMEgFZWei1bQENzpibZPeg4px_YPX9qCTYw2qXMyNYY-gg5vhQQSyIY_nKB66MynFpRdsTFM3ET1yZP8xIfEbYU=w800-h600-no

AM-JKLVi7rQMX8w_2x6pEHir5RJiILqRx3zPp7JOJn-WlGQx39Ht3YyuGtAeH1TXB598qsanqH-VTikUeXpRX9f4E34RMf5qwXnM033FAZRlH9NwQ5dY9Tqtq0FPPJGzN2pnDTtAeHpCmlJ_hy5NFNa7xfaJ=w640-h853-no

Grinding false edges:

Whether you are just starting out or are an old pro:), this grinding jig will produce better grinds, faster and with more freehand control than anything you have ever tried.

Bubble Jig Basics Pt. 1:

Bubble Jig Basics Pt. 2:

The complete grinding system, which includes the Bubble Jig, degree wedges, bevel grinding clamp and hex key is $79.95 $71.95.

jig-package.jpg

The bevel clamp is made from machine ground O1 and is spring tempered for maximum flexibility while also being durable. It will grip steel stock from under an 1/8 inch to over a 1/4 inch securely.

Paypal payment here: https://bubblejig.com

Back