• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Buck 110 mods?

Lee D

BANNED
i have a newer 110 I bought months back and was curious, is there any member on here who has customized one before with slimmer handles? what id really like is to lighten up a 110 with some G-10 or micarta and maybe have a pocket clip added. I apologize if im posting this in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where exactly on the forum to ask for this sort of service. I've been thinking about this for awhile now, and I know this isn't something I am capable of doing.

i have a newer 110 I bought months back and was curious, is there any member on here who has customized one before with slimmer handles? what id really like is to lighten up a 110 with some G-10 or micarta and maybe have a pocket clip added. I apologize if im posting this in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where exactly on the forum to ask for this sort of service. I've been thinking about this for awhile now, and I know this isn't something I am capable of doing.

Although I didn't replace the handles, I lightened my 110 considerably by scalloping-out the bottom bolsters with a dremel and sanding drum. Basically, from the bottom edge of the handle slab to the two bottom bolster pins, the bolsters have been ground out down to the thickness of the liners. Not only did this lighten the knife, but I discovered that when using the knife that my little finger goes right into one of the hollowed-out bolsters creating a more secure grip.

There is a forum here for tinkering with and embellishing ones knives, so I imagine this thread will likely get moved there.

There's a fellow that used to hang out here that does the slim down work on 110's and 112's. He's also added pocket clips to them at times. Here's an example of one that I bought from him, a 112. I also have a couple of 110's but no photos of them right now. You can see how much slimmer it is in the second photo.

I was going to post a link to his ad here on Blade, but I see that he states he's quit doing knife work. I'm sure that someone will come along and point you to another person who's doing it.

There's a fellow that used to hang out here that does the slim down work on 110's and 112's. He's also added pocket clips to them at times. Here's an example of one that I bought from him, a 112. I also have a couple of 110's but no photos of them right now. You can see how much slimmer it is in the second photo.

I was going to post a link to his ad here on Blade, but I see that he states he's quit doing knife work. I'm sure that someone will come along and point you to another person who's doing it.

that is a beautiful 112

Back