Buck 715 Has anyone else seen these?

Hum, I think I could dig the blue handle. But I couldn't dig that clip point. Perhaps if I put a blade on it from the 334 Trapper. DM

Fella on another forum just bought an Ascend and it intrigued me so I did a little research. Discovered this thread, then discovered that a local Wal-Mart still had one in stock. Called the store, they held it for me and I drove over and picked it up. I like everything about it except they could break the edge on the hole. It's kind of sharp and the geometry of the hole makes it difficult to use. Other than that, paper slicing sharp out of the box (yes box, not a clam pak), needle point on the blade, solid lockup with no rock. I'll never carry it but I like it as fondle fodder.

Just one more observation. I noticed a couple of posts denigrating the 722 Spitfire and the 721 Slimline. I have all three colors of each (the blue wasn't out when I bought these) plus I have one of the 726 Mini-Spitfires (don't care for the size) and there are no mechanical issues with any of the seven. Am I a lucky guy or what?

I saw the 715's at my local Walmart but passed on it because I was looking for the Mesa and they didn't have em in stock.

Last edited:
Just picked up one of these on clearance for $21----also picked up a clearance Leatherman Rev for $21-----not bad for less than $45 bucks after tax.

Total impulse buy on both of these-----the Buck will make a great beater knife and its sharp as all get out from point to pivot---the multi-tool will probably find a home in bug out bag or in my hunting gear.

There is a slight rattle---I think its the pins holding it together but will tighten the clip just to be sure-----lockup is still nice and tight though-----I'm not complaining cause its still a hell of knife for $20.

Last edited:
Just picked up one of these on clearance for $21----also picked up a clearance Leatherman Rev for $21-----not bad for less than $45 bucks after tax.

Total impulse buy on both of these-----the Buck will make a great beater knife and its sharp as all get out from point to pivot---the multi-tool will probably find a home in bug out bag or in my hunting gear.

Cool Find... They are good for a bug out bag. I have heard some of the finish start's flaking, I have one that isn't doing that...

I wonder if it's Walmart wide for the clearance. I'll check mine tomorrow... They're the regular price on the website...

Last edited:
I bought my 15 yo son a blue one for Christmas. He mentioned the other day how much he loved that knife. I could be wrong but I think its been in his pocket everyday since he got it. He has several knives to choose from but seems to like that one. I honestly love the blade shape on it.

I carried one for about 6 months and thought it was a great EDC for the money. Gave it to a cousin as I a had a couple of rat2s that filled that need but I'll get another at some point.

Back