Buck 919 ?

Howdy all, I picked up a 919 at a decent price and like it but I'm wondering why cabelas felt it needed .25" steel. It feels good in hand but even my 124 doesn't approach the steel thickness of this knife.

In my younger days I woulda tried that blade. :)

Buck used the number 919 on a couple knives but since you said Cabelas I am assuming it is this one. It came in stag or a wooden handle.

Is this one like yours? It does have a nice heavy thick blade.

kkpey6J.jpg

RNIE3WF.jpg

There is a green or black color Paperstone model too. My understanding, from a Cabelas employee, is that this was Jim Cabelas' favorite hunting knife. I don't know who designed it, but it was a Cabelas exclusive.

It really is thick. Pretty amazing. Fits the hand great. I should have purchased one (of each) before they were discontinued.

I was thinking of Buck's Signature series. With mirror polished S30V blades and checkered walnut handles. Those don't have as thick blades.
So, it must be the one you show that he's talking about. A knife like that really needs a lanyard hole. DM

Last edited:
I have not seen one of those, previously. That finger choil would be real handy when doing close work inside an animal and that thick blade would laugh off bones.

Sorry, I was able to post pics one time. Since then nothing with 2 different hosting sites.

The knife feels good in the hand. I just haven't decided if I think that fat ol blade looks good or not. I have the rosewood/actionwood edition. That polished blade stag one is really nice.

Back