Bugout 535 blue to black scales RIT dye ?

Great job !!! I'm envious as mine just made it to BM yesterday. Cant wait to get it back.

Enjoy !

Jeff

well not a bugout, but my first try at Rit dye, I also re profiled the tip. This started as a REI blue handle, I tried for green kinda of a cool color I ended up with.

DSCN1055.JPG

Last edited:
I posted these last week, but apparently the post got lost. Here is how mine turned out:
535-black.jpg

well not a bugout, but my first try at Rit dye, I also re profiled the tip. This started as a REI blue handle, I tried for green kinda of a cool color I ended up with.
Teal is a really cool color. What color RIT did you use?

this one remember the handles were REI blue.

DSCN1062.JPG

this one remember the handles were REI blue.
Ah. A dark yellow would have given a truer green if it worked. I tried sunshine yellow on my 810-1401, and the effect was a nice green, but it didn't seem to set like other RIT dye. It ended up rubbing off, which was a first for me.

Thanks for the info guys !

BM has my bugout at the moment. I called a while ago and requested silver studs to be put on while there. If not done no biggie I’ll call and order a set.

Will write later...
vinager (1/2cup) in its place the acidic properties help penatrate the material. If you want black you may have to add dark green to the black mix. I always add a table spoon of salt just seems to set the dye better.

The only two liquid rit dyes I have come across is regular and one for synthetic fabric. I saw no difference from either one in the applications I have done. Here is one from the other rit dye for sythetic fabric.
R5k0ScX.jpg

me know what you guys think ...
Oh my god...

Back